Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Support GCO by volunteering at the RK Gun Show at Jim R Miller Park in Marietta January 22 - 23! Please sign up for an hour or two to help GCO recruit new members. Gun shows are one of the best ways of getting GCO's name out there and signing up new members.

If you have never worked a gun show before, it is easy and lots of fun. Please check out the Gun Show Guidelines for Volunteers.

The Cobb shows have always been a great recruiting venue for us. The more volunteers the better!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me, email AnnieO at [email protected] or call AnnieO at (770) 780-2177.

If you'd like to volunteer, please post here, email AnnieO at her email address above, or email Tim Parker @ [email protected]

ANYONE ATTENDING THIS SHOW FOR THE PURPOSE OF RECRUITING AT THE GEORGIACARRY TABLE WILL NEED TO PAY ADMISSION - NO FREE PASSES TO GAIN ACCESS TO THIS SHOW - GCO will gladly reimburse the entry fee if you spend a minimum of 2 hours recruiting - GooberTim

Code:
Weekend gun show (need AT LEAST two people per slot)
Time                 Saturday                                 Sunday
All day                                                  
Setup                 budone1967, Mark5019
09-10                budone1967, Mark5019, Dan A                  (closed until 10:00 am)
10-11                budone1967, Mark5019, Dan A              Peder F, MLS4506, Jane
11-12                Dan A, Direwolfe                         Peder F, MLS4506, Jane
12-01               markhk2, Direwolfe                         hma153, Peder, BG_Atl   
01-02               markhk2, Direwolfe                         hma153, Peder, BG_Atl   
02-03               markhk2, Direwolfe                         LoneOak, BG_Atl          
03-04               Macktee, Fiwit                            LoneOak, BG_Atl, tomb             
04-05               Macktee, Fiwit                            LoneOak, BG_Atl, tomb 
                                                                Pack up

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
Come on folks this is a fun time spend a couple hours with like minded folks and help us expand GCO's membership.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
3-5 Saturday -- as per usual :)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
fiwit said:
3-5 Saturday -- as per usual :)
And I'll be there to keep her under control. I can only imagine what she'd do if I wasn't there to keep her urges in check...

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AnnieO said:
Tim - Please add Peder F. to Sunday 10:00 - 2:00
Got it! But look how lonely markhk2 and LoneOak are going to be Saturday and Sunday afternoons :cry:

WE NEED MORE COWBELL!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
If Lone Oak can put up with me... you can put me down for 12-5 on Sunday.
I'll even help with the break down (if someone else does the paperwork this time... j/k ) :D

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BG_Atl said:
I'll even help with the break down (if someone else does the paperwork this time... j/k ) :D
Uh, you're missing out on the fun part, but willing to go through the torture of working with LoneOak?!?! :screwy:

BG_Atl is coming to Marietta all the way from LAWRENCEVILLE..... Cobb County has the highest number of GeorgiaCarry members in the state! If you live in or near Marietta and have never volunteered at a gun show, this weekend is the perfect opportunity to jump right in and contribute; we have seasoned veterans scheduled at all times this weekend to show you the ropes.

If you know why you joined GeorgiaCarry and can express it, you're qualified to volunteer at a recruiting table! You can even come out just to watch the mastery of Mark5019, Macktee, budweiserone1967 and others in action!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hey Timmie:

Speaking of people who travel to the shows, AnnieO and I both come from Alpharetta to Marietta. Not tooting my own horn all that much. Please remember Annie coordinates the shows and that requires several trips per weekend!

To repeat what Tim said, anyone who lives close to the show venues, please consider helping out.

Take care.....

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
budone1967 said:
Come on folks this is a fun time spend a couple hours with like minded folks and help us expand GCO's membership.
Macktee said:
Hey Timmie:

Speaking of people who travel to the shows, AnnieO and I both come from Alpharetta to Marietta. Not tooting my own horn all that much. Please remember Annie coordinates the shows and that requires several trips per weekend!

To repeat what Tim said, anyone who lives close to the show venues, please consider helping out.

Take care.....
GooberTim said:
BG_Atl said:
Uh, you're missing out on the fun part, but willing to go through the torture of working with LoneOak?!?! :screwy:

BG_Atl is coming to Marietta all the way from LAWRENCEVILLE..... Cobb County has the highest number of GeorgiaCarry members in the state! If you live in or near Marietta and have never volunteered at a gun show, this weekend is the perfect opportunity to jump right in and contribute; we have seasoned veterans scheduled at all times this weekend to show you the ropes.

If you know why you joined GeorgiaCarry and can express it, you're qualified to volunteer at a recruiting table! You can even come out just to watch the mastery of Mark5019, Macktee, budweiserone1967 and others in action!
Tim is absolutely correct here. Come on gang being a GCO member means more than just paying membership dues.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gotcha down, direwolfe - thanks!

And Macktee is right, (God that hurt) GeorgiaCarry does have a good number of volunteers traveling great distances to volunteer their time and talents; some travel to multiple shows every month. While we absolutely welcome them and appreciate their efforts, I'm sure some of the veterans would appreciate it if they were supplementing the efforts of local volunteers rather than being the first to volunteer or, in some cases, the only ones to volunteer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will be there on Sunday 3 - 5 pm. See ya' there.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
7 renewed, 13 new today.

I'm another one who travels from a totally different county, but it's only about a 1/2 hour trip for me (except today, when I tried a different route, got lost, and barely made it at my appointed time)

I gotta tell you guys, NOTHING beats watching someone's face as they listen to the list of GCO accomplishments in 4 short years, and hearing those magic words "Where do I sign up?"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts