Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Support GCO by volunteering at the Eastman Gun Show at the Cobb County Civic Center in Marietta October 2 - 3! Please sign up for an hour or two to help GCO recruit new members. Gun shows are one of the best ways of getting GCO's name out there and signing up new members.

If you have never worked a gun show before, it is easy and lots of fun. Please check out the Gun Show Guidelines for Volunteers.

The Cobb shows have always been a great recruiting venue for us. The more volunteers the better!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me, email me at [email protected], or call me at (770) 780-2177.

ANYONE ATTENDING THIS SHOW FOR THE PURPOSE OF RECRUITING AT THE GEORGIACARRY TABLE WILL NEED TO PAY ADMISSION - NO FREE PASSES TO GAIN ACCESS TO THIS SHOW - GCO will gladly reimburse the entry fee if you spend a minimum of 2 hours recruiting - GooberTim

Code:
Weekend gun show (need AT LEAST two people per slot)
Time                 Saturday                                 Sunday
All day              JimA                                     JimA
Setup                AnnieO, budone1967
09-10                budone1967, Tparty&Jr                    (closed until 10:00 am)
10-11                budone1967, Tparty&Jr             
11-12                Tparty&Jr
12-01                markhk                                   hma153
01-02                markhk                                   hma153
02-03                markhk, macktee                          LoneOak
03-04                fiwit, macktee                           LoneOak
04-05                fiwit, macktee                           LoneOak

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
markhk said:
I'm got to go from 1pm to whenever on Sat.
Markhk
You mean "good to go," right Mark? :)

I'm on from 3-5

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
Annie

Put me down for my usual time on Saturday 8:15 to 11:00

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hi Ho AnnieOh:

Please sign me up for my usual time from 2:00 until 5:00 pm on Saturday. I'll drop off the sign-up sheets and the money with you on my way home.

Hopefully, this time I'll actually be able to make it...

CYA

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, the Saturday crew is ready! Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
How about some new volunteers for Sunday? We've had the same crew working the show on Sundays for a long time now and maybe they're ready for someone else to take the reigns for a while....

If you haven't volunteered to work a show before, now's a great time to step up and do it. If you know why you joined GeorgiaCarry.Org, you already know what to tell prospective members - it's easy!

This is not a request for the usual Sunday crew to take a day off - you guys are more than welcome to come Sunday. I would just like to see some fresh faces at the shows and expand the numbers of volunteers we have. :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
I already started early. Today a the probate judges office I talked to a guy applying for his GWL and headed him toward the GCO site. He said he was a friend of Brian Ott, so I guess we'll all have to share credit.
markhk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you need help setting up Saturday morning? I saw Mark5019 and budone1967. Daniel and I can help if needed and also 9am - 12pm.

I finally had the time to login and get on the forum!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
GooberTim said:
How about some new volunteers for Sunday? We've had the same crew working the show on Sundays for a long time now and maybe they're ready for someone else to take the reigns for a while....

If you haven't volunteered to work a show before, now's a great time to step up and do it. If you know why you joined GeorgiaCarry.Org, you already know what to tell prospective members - it's easy!

This is not a request for the usual Sunday crew to take a day off - you guys are more than welcome to come Sunday. I would just like to see some fresh faces at the shows and expand the numbers of volunteers we have. :D
Excellent suggestion there Goobs!

We Saturday people would also be happy to see some new faces.

Because, ya know, some of us "regulars" really aren't all that attractive...

Say! While we're on the subject of ugly people we never see at Cobb County................. Watcha doing this weekend Goobs?

I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I'd love to see ya show up for a while. Maybe youse could even do your AnnieOh imitation!

I can't help but have noticed the way little kids all seem to have the same reaction to it.

Or, maybe just to youse.....

Whatever. Anyone and everyone is cordially invited to join us at the Cobb County show this weekend. Stay for as long or as short a time as you want or just stop by the table and introduce yourself. We're always happy to meet and visit with other GCO members.

CYA!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, everyone! The schedule is updated.

Dan - I think we've got set up covered, but can certainly use your help at the table!

·
Registered
66 Posts
AnnieO,

I should be able to stop by and help for a while on Sunday. Busy weekend, getting ready for a little vacation.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
tomb said:
AnnieO,

I should be able to stop by and help for a while on Sunday. Busy weekend, getting ready for a little vacation.
Hey Tomb, that's great!

Unfortunately, as I'll be there on Saturday, I won't have a chance to meet you. Take my word for it, you're missing out on a wonderful experience. By not meeting me that is, certainly not by volunteering at the GCO table!

Ask anyone. They'll all tell you the same thing.

Volunteering at gun shows is fun.

Anyone and everyone is invited to stop by the table, either day, and spend some time with the volunteers. A few minutes or all day, it's up to you.

Don't feel too bad Tomb. Maybe you'll have an opportunity to meet me someday. You'll be glad you did. Honest. Don't take my word for it, just ask Flitwit why she always volunteers the same hours as I... It's simply because I'm such a great guy and truly an all-round wonderful person.

Since we can't meet, here's a picture of me. Unfortunately, I've gained a few pounds since that photo was taken...

I'm positive you'll be glad you spent some time at the table on Sunday and I'm equally positive you'll do it again!

Thanks!

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
im haveing ti bow out for sat broke a tooth and need find dentist

sorry you all

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am planning to get there by noon, so we can have that section covered. Looks like Sunday can use some help.
Markhk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone! We have a new volunteer who is supposed to be there all day today and tomorrow! So, I think we'll be pretty well covered.

Mark5019 - take care of yourself. We'll see you next time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts