Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Support GCO by volunteering at the Eastman Gun Show at the Cobb Civic Center in Marietta December 4 - 5! Please sign up for an hour or two to help GCO recruit new members. Gun shows are one of the best ways of getting GCO's name out there and signing up new members.

If you have never worked a gun show before, it is easy and lots of fun. Please check out the Gun Show Guidelines for Volunteers.

The Cobb shows have always been a great recruiting venue for us. The more volunteers the better!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me, email me at [email protected], or call me at (770) 780-2177.

ANYONE ATTENDING THIS SHOW FOR THE PURPOSE OF RECRUITING AT THE GEORGIACARRY TABLE WILL NEED TO PAY ADMISSION - NO FREE PASSES TO GAIN ACCESS TO THIS SHOW - GCO will gladly reimburse the entry fee if you spend a minimum of 2 hours recruiting - GooberTim

Code:
Weekend gun show (need AT LEAST two people per slot)
Time                 Saturday                                 Sunday
All day                                                  
Setup                AnnieO, budone1967
09-10                budone1967                               (closed until 10:00 am)
10-11                budone1967                               tomb, elevatorman, Peder
11-12                                                         tomb, elevatorman, Peder
12-01                markhk                                   hma153, goobertim
01-02                markhk                                   hma153, goobertim
02-03                Macktee, markhk                          goobertim
03-04                fiwit                                    goobertim
04-05                fiwit                                    goobertim

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I'll take my usual -- Sat 3-5. :)

Macktee won't be able to make it - he thinks spending time with his visiting daughter takes higher priority (ok, so he's right. Still, that means I need someone to pick on during that time, since he won't be here)

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
I'm there my usual set up until 11am

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hey Annie:

Looks like I can cover my usual time period from two until closing on Saturday.

Soooooo, Flitwit, looks like you'll have yet another opportunity to enjoy my scintillating humor and witty repartee.

I thought our daughter was arriving late Friday afternoon, but she's not getting here until Saturday. So, I can cover the show, drop off the money and sign-up sheets at Annie's and still make it home in time to greet her. Is that cool or what?

BTW Annie, if you go out to your garage looking for your gun show stuff, it probably won't be there. That's because it's in my garage...

Give me a call or send me an e-mail to discuss how I can best return it to you prior to the weekend.

For those who care about such things, Annie graciously loaned me all of her gun show items for the Cumming show a couple of weeks ago and she was really helpful as that was my first attempt to coordinate a show. Turns out, she was correct in that it's really not difficult.

Gun shows are our major source of new members. I strongly suggest everyone take a shot (OK, bad pun) at volunteering to staff our table at a show near your home. I assure you it's a fun way to spend a couple of hours. If it weren't, I know I wouldn't do it. So, give it a try. I must warn you, almost everyone who volunteers once seems to do it again and again and again and.....

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Oh, man... Macktee & MarkHK, the good-humour twins... what a Saturday afternoon that's gonna be **shakes head**

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
fiwit said:
Oh, man... Macktee & MarkHK, the good-humour twins... what a Saturday afternoon that's gonna be **shakes head**
You know you've got it bad for both of us.......

You should know, everyone else does!

CYA

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, everyone! It's always good to have the "regulars" sign up, but I'd love to see some new names and faces at the show. 4 more days 'til the show, and we've still got plenty of open time slots...

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hey gunners and gunnerettes !

What Annie Said !

More volunteers would be nice. And enjoyable for us old "regulars" as well as the new people. Sign up and show up!

Please...............

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
Annie, if you don't fill the 11am to noon spot by Saturday, let me know I can stay an extra hour.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Put me down for Sunday 10:00 - 12:00. Come on folks, sign up. This is the last chance in 2010 to join in the fun.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all who have signed up! As for the rest of you... I'm getting nervous! We're only a day away with lots of spots to fill. :help:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Sure wish I were closer! I'd be "happy" to serve under your whip. :lol:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
GooberTim said:
I can work Sunday afternoon. :D I also have more range passes from our friends at Hi Caliber - if you need those before Sunday, let me know and I'll run them by there for ya.
Tim, when will the new brochures be available? I could sure use some before the 11th.

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
If it gets to it, I will work Sunday afternoon. I just wrecked the front end of my S10 so removing fenders and front end parts or working Sunday's gun show is not a hard choice.
markhk

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
markhk2 said:
If it gets to it, I will work Sunday afternoon. I just wrecked the front end of my S10 so removing fenders and front end parts or working Sunday's gun show is not a hard choice.
markhk
i hope your ok

1 - 20 of 25 Posts