GCO January 24, 2007

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Malum Prohibitum, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Tentatively, GCO has been invited to speak at the Emory University School of Law by the Federalist Society regarding GCO's work in Georgia. At this time, I believe it will be open to the public. It is currently scheduled for January 24, 2007, at six o'clock, post meridian, with more details sure to follow.

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Damn, only 11 months late.

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I will definitely go, considering I'm right in that area.

I'm not the legal-beagle that Malum is, but I would like to attend and learn a few things. It would be interesting to see what kinds of questions that the students and faculty ask.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

If it were not in the middle of the week and roughly a fortnight after school starts back after the break I would be all over that.

Any one want to tape it for me and put it on Youtube? :mrgreen:

5. rajl

rajl New Member

I'll be there.

6. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

As the Vice President for the Federalist Society at Emory Law I would certainly like to extend an invitation to all those interested in attending.

A room assignment will be forthcoming once I'm finished studying for exams at which point I will announce it here.

Can't say how many students or faculty will attend, but I'm going to make every effort to get as many people there as possible.

7. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Just got the room assignment from the school

The presentation will be held in Room 1E of the law school.

The law school is located here:
    http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...468&spn=0.002189,0.005375&t=k&om=1&iwloc=addr

The law school is the square looking building in the center of that view. Since the presentation is at 6 parking will be free (space permitting) in the rectangular parking deck to the immediate east of the law school. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT park in the surface lot which has access to N Decatur Rd. you will be towed.

Enter the law school from entrance closest to the parking deck, turn left, go down the stairs, take the next right, go all the way to other end of the school and you should see the first floor class rooms they are lettered sequentially. 1E is the room closest to the courtroom.

I'll also make up some signs for anyone who may get lost.

8. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'll be there as I said earlier.

I'll keep a low-pro in the back row. I'm looking forward to it.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I have no tests wed/thur/fri.

Man this is tempting.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll try to make it. I'm always looking for a reason to leave work a little early, especially if it has to do with my RKBA. Besides, my boss iscool about leaving early when I need to.

11. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I sent out the annoucement to the school today. No guarantee on how many students will show up (though at least one will be there, me).

In my e-mail I suggested that some in the student body maybe gun owners or, god forbid, GFL holders. I'm awaiting some hate mail about how no one at oh so enlightened Emory Law would be so barbaric as to carry a gun in public.

No I probably won't get such an e-mail, but on some level I'd like to, just becuase it'd make me fall out of my chair laughing.

We'll see, should be interesting.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Roll call? Just curious what I'm in for . . .

13. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

7 Confirmed guests on facebook (Me, Fed Soc Pres, 2 Emory Law Students, one Georgia Tech Student, one Georgia Tech Alumni)

5 Maybes on facebook.

Several more people have given me verbal committments

14. rajl

rajl New Member

As I said before, I will be there.

15. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Can't be there. Wish I could.

16. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I'm trying to recruit some facutly, it's been a little slow going.

17. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I cleared it with the better half, so I'll be there... but at about 7:15 I have to roll.... so if I get up and leave at that time, please don't get offended.

I'm probably going to show up between 5 and 530... hopefully parking will still be free? I can't keep myself occupied at work for longer than that!