GCO/GPDO Advertising Idea

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by ptsmith24, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Several people here have commented on how awesome it would be to have all the members here as members of GCO. I have an idea:

Since GPDO and GCO are unofficially affiliated with each other, is it a good idea to PM members here that don't have any posts to check their interest in GCO? I assume the default setting for an account is email notification upon receipt of a PM. I also assume that an email is required to register here (I can't remember since it's been a little while since I've registered). Even though the email isn't necessarily visible, it would still be in the database for PM notification. What does everyone think? Too much like :spam: ?

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I think that would be spamming. As much as I'd like to get new members, I don't think we need to start mass-emailing.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I gotta say that anybody posting here must know about GCO. They just do not want to join, for one reason or another.

I would like to know what that reason is, but I am not sure spamming them is the solution.

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

:shock: :jawdropper: There are people who post here and won't join GCO :?:

Maybe its because this site is free and GCO costs something. :wink: :cry:

Anybody that won't pony up $15 a year won't be much help anyway.

5. budder

hurm, maybe we could offer free memberships to those that can't afford it if they work at least X (4? 5?) hours at the GCO booth of a gun show!

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:-k

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

But if they haven't even posted, how do you know if they even know about GCO? Just curious.

8. M249

M249 New Member

Eh... no spam please.

I don't want GCO to be lumped in with V1agra!!! C1al1s!!1 H0t $t0ck t1p!, etc.

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I think I am going to stop at the big banner at the bottom, and the smaller one to the right, and the links in many people's signature, and the multiple posts that talk about GCO and our actions.

10. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I don't know.... seems a little weak... :lol:

11. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Considering some of the things I am willing to offer to do for (or to) people who come help me out, a free GCO membership is nothin'.

12. budder

Did you hear that? gsusnake is offering to buy memberships for people that will help work the Savannah show!

13. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Actually, I was offering to...

well, yeah. Let's just leave it at buying memberships. This is a family board, after all.

14. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

My question is: why do people register with GPO in the first place then quit posting. I have glanced at the membership list and many members have posted just a few times and we have never heard from them again.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I don't know...send them a PM and ask. :lol: