GCO filed suit agains Cobb and Cherokee

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by murrybird, Sep 1, 2007.

1. murrybird

murrybird New Member

2. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

this is why i love GCO! GET-R-DONE/GOT-R-DID!!!!!

3. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I urge all of you, members and non-members alike to reflect just for a moment on how GCO is doing an outstanding job for your carry rights. If you are a member please volunteer, plan to attend some legislature committee meetings, and sign up as many folks as you can.

If you are a non-member then please sign up now. You will become part of an organization that has fought for you and will continue to do so even more. $15.00 per year is as easy as it gets. Pack two lunches this coming week. You will easily save the $15.00 and can join by Friday!

4. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

5. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

As a Cherokee County tax payer, I would like to see some of my tax monies paid going to the GCO coffers. That would be taxes well spent.

If anyone is interested there will be an open slot in the Probate Office next election. The word from my attorneys in Canton is McVay will not be running again. It would be nice to have a competent, gun friendly judge in office here.

Chris

6. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Judge Dodd has already indicated that he won't run for re-election.

If there are any GCO members interested in running for either, I'm sure the members of GCO will rally to your support. One of the key purposes of GCO is the mutual support to advance our rights.

7. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

Do you have to be a lawyer to run for probate judge?

8. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Depends on the population of the county.

9. Wiley

Wiley Guest

County population only applies to fiilling an unexprired term by the chief deputy clerk, not legal qualifications.

If ya got a GED, yer good ta go!

10. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

[/quote:1x9qg7mn]

And pay the qualifying fee, then receive more votes than the other guy. Hmm... :wink:

11. murrybird

murrybird New Member

Cherokee caves and removes SSN requirment.

Cherokee has caved according to GCO and removed the SSN requirment. Judge David Dodd needs to follow suit and do the same. Cobb County Commission needs to also put a fire up CCPD to make friendly to us gun toters as well.

12. Wiley

Wiley Guest

1911Packer, your question was: "Do you have to be a lawyer to run for probate judge?" The answer is no.

The qualifying fee is 3% of the minimum salary, which is set by population. For Cobb County the qualifying fee is $3282.78.

13. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

@[email protected] So, if I read this right, to run for probate judge, you don't have to have a JD, you will make ~$100k a year, and all you have you do to enter is pay a bit over $3k?

14. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

Well said AV8R!

15. Wiley

Wiley Guest

Explains a lot don't it.

The only reason I wouldn't want the job is having to deal with all the people who 'get this stuff off the internet'. :rotfl2:

And just think to be a City Councilman, County Commissioner, State Rep., State Sen., Lt. Gov. or, Gov. you don't have to any qualifications at all. #-o

16. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I think I may need to apply for that job... And even the "read that on the internet" people would mostly be dealing with my clerks and underlings, not me. It's a great job! I could even get GFLs out in a couple of weeks*!

*If the print reports take that long to get back to my office.

EDIT: You have to be a resident for two years! Maybe Pinkie will resign tomorrow...