Georgiapacking.org banner

41 - 60 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Thats the day of the championship game. Unless the team improves dramatically I should be there.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
This, my friends, is the opening day of duck season. While I believe in this whole cause, you have chosen a holy day for me :) Every man has his limits. Only those with duck hunting in the blood know how important this date is.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
I plan to be in attendance.
Awww Man!!!

I was really afraid that might happen...

:smokin:

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
kkennett said:
This, my friends, is the opening day of duck season. While I believe in this whole cause, you have chosen a holy day for me :) Every man has his limits. Only those with duck hunting in the blood know how important this date is.
By duck season, you mean migrtory bird season (which would include ducks, I guess)... I was under the assumption that ducks fell under they're own 'heading' if you will, and that the season did not start until after Thanksgiving day... or is that the late season?

Of course, I can be excused since I'm a 'juvenile' duck hunter (1 yr of duck hunting under my belt).

This all leads to a question: if ducks are in season... why the hell am I at work?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
meh. I don't understand the difference between opening day and the day after opening day.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Rammstein said:
meh. I don't understand the difference between opening day and the day after opening day.
I was going to try to explain it but then realized that if you don't know there is no way I can... :?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Do all the good ducks get shot on opening day or something?

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
No, just the stupid ones... That's where we hunters are doing our best to produce the worlds most intelligent ducks. :lol:

The hunting is better on opening day. Both because the ducks have not yet grown decoy and call shy and the large number of hunters in the field tends to keep the birds moving...

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
USMC - Retired said:
No, just the stupid ones... That's where we hunters are doing our best to produce the worlds most intelligent ducks. :lol:

The hunting is better on opening day. Both because the ducks have not yet grown decoy and call shy and the large number of hunters in the field tends to keep the birds moving...
That and of course, the season is limited so you gotta make hay while the sun is shining.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
This looks like the perfect opportunity to meet my fellow GCO and GPDO members for the first time. :wave:
And then make short work of some paper targets!!! :shoot:

At what time does it start? Is the $15 fee payable on the day of the event, or do we have to RSVP in advance?

·
68,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
moonchicken said:
Is the $15 fee payable on the day of the event, or do we have to RSVP in advance?
Definitely in advance, as the venue will require this. Details will soon follow.

41 - 60 of 423 Posts