Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I'll definitely be there to hear this speaker and to add some lead to the dirt piles.

BTW, there's gonna be some mighty pissed off deer hunters sitting in the trees. Not easy to hunt when there's a war going on a few hundred yards away!! :roll: :lol:

·
68,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Marikhal said:
Every event is like a million miles away from Savannah! :p
We are moving them around . . .

I think if you check your map carefully, you will see that this is not as bad of a drive from Savannah as you might have expected. You may be pleasantly surprised once you carefully research the shortest route.

Isn't there no speed limit on I-16? :D

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I and "both" Shannons should be there, if we havent moved to FL by then. Which is a possibility.......That discussion for another day.

Bulldawg definitely has it pegged, with all the firepower at the last get together it will be interesting on this one with more memebers! Not to mention all the new toys everybody has purchased!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Marikhal said:
Every event is like a million miles away from Savannah! :p

I think if you check your map carefully, you will see that this is not as bad of a drive from Savannah as you might have expected. You may be pleasantly surprised once you carefully research the shortest route.

Isn't there no speed limit on I-16? :D
Well... technically.

Some people are just unlucky and get pulled over by a Trooper.

DUN DUN DUN! :p
Some guy posted this pic in the How-to forum - found it fitting. :p

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
As in: Around Atlanta... :x

·
68,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
USMC - Retired said:
[quote="Malum Prohibitum":28f0wi1g]

As in: Around Atlanta... :x[/quote:28f0wi1g]

This will take hours of driving for me to reach.

The meetings will also move to other areas.

·
68,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
With that having been said, do not wait for it to reach your backyard. Support GCO wherever it meets!
:D

When we meet in Savannah, I can guarantee north Georgia GCO members will be there.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
With that having been said, do not wait for it to reach your backyard. Support GCO wherever it meets!
Always have and always will. Only one I've missed so far was due to it being a "work day" luncheon...

·
68,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
USMC - Retired said:
[quote="Malum Prohibitum":2u67b0du]With that having been said, do not wait for it to reach your backyard. Support GCO wherever it meets!
Always have and always will. Only one I've missed so far was due to it being a "work day" luncheon...[/quote:2u67b0du]

The low turnout is why we have moved them to Saturdays, and some people complained even then :lol:

No, I know you will not miss them if possible. I was speaking generally.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Isn't there no speed limit on I-16?
True.

I was going ~80mph and a trooper was going about ten more than that. He may have been running cold, but he didn't look like he was in a hurry.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rammstein said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Isn't there no speed limit on I-16?
True.

I was going ~80mph and a trooper was going about ten more than that. He may have been running cold, but he didn't look like he was in a hurry.
They won't care if you're only going only around 80 (hell, I think the posted speed limit is 75). But if you're going 90+, expect to get pulled. Learn to use the packs! :>

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Marikhal said:
Learn to use the packs!
oh...trust me I know.

the amount of hours I have spent driving on that highway adds up to days.

I've learned just about every spot where the 5-0 sit and where the troopers are most likely to be.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rammstein said:
Marikhal said:
Learn to use the packs!
oh...trust me I know.

the amount of hours I have spent driving on that highway adds up to days.

I've learned just about every spot where the 5-0 sit and where the troopers are most likely to be.
Ahh, a skill only learned through experience! :p

I've never driven up to northern GA, just up to North Carolina, and down to St. Petersburg.

That St. Petersburg drive is boring!

·
68,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Malum Prohibitum said:
Please mark your calendars for GCO's fall luncheon, tentatively set for:

Saturday, November 17

Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center

GCO's speaker will be a Georgia criminal defense attorney on the topic of Georgia law relating to lethal self defense and "now what?"

Shooting to follow the lunch (target, not self defense).

Expect pricing in the $15 range for the lunch.

(Just want to make sure this shows up every couple of pages or so . . .)

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
What's on the menu for lunch?

·
68,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
At the price GCO members will pay (above), it is chef's choice.

GCO members can choose at a higher price, but I am trying to avoid making every GCO meeting a $25-30 or higher affair.

GCO will be trying to have some "free" meetings in the future (more difficult than it sounds).

·
Romans 10:13
4,610 Posts
I plan to be in attendance.

21 - 40 of 423 Posts