GCO exhibit space

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Cavediver, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

A couple of people have made mention of a tall sign for the GCO booth space at the gun shows. I work in the trade show industry should have access to some spare exhibit parts.
    Below is a quick frame that will lift the existing banner (or something like it) to 8'
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This system is a lot like Tinker Toys for adults. This image represents the quickest and easiest framework possible. There are a lot of possibilities, I just need to know what you need.
    Also, the company I work for does not produce graphics. We rely on a couple of outside vendors for almost all of our graphic needs. Once a design is established, I can go to them for pricing and such.

All of that said, sound off! Let me know what you need. What would make the show better for GCO? more table or counter space? Literature racks?

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Cavediver, thank you for coming up with these plans and posting them here for us.

Is there an easy way to add stuff to those supports? Maybe hang other signs there?

Also, would we be able to use our current banner? It's kind of small (5x1) for what you have designed there, so maybe we could keep it at the front of the table and have two. What do you think?

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

They look good. Actually, they look pretty close to what I saw a couple of the vendors had up. My point is that they seem big enough yet not obtrusive or tacky. They also look easy for someone to carry there without a pickup. Good job!

4. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Sure. The posts and rails have grooves in them. You use these grooves to fasten everything together. Lots of accessories are available as well (shelf brackets, etc.)

5. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

Don't forget to check with show rules. Some have height restrictions on displays.

6. budder

7. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Yeah, their list is very short. I'm used to getting a thirty page book of rules :D I'll have to give them a call in the next couple of days to see if there's any additional information.
    Can you hook me up with the person / people that are registering GCO for these shows? Also, I'd like to talk to someone about graphics and logos, but that can wait for a little while.
    Thanks

8. Claire

Claire New Member

good display cavediver!
    I used those at the memorabilia shows we ran
    'cept mine were home made of wood & heavy

while we're on the topic of exhibit space..
    yesterday I posted about the use of a laptop with a powerpoint presentation..

if thats not doable - a dvd slideshow can always be a thought
    if its easier to bring a tv with dvd player

9. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Great idea Claire!

I think anything that can catch the eye and help us retain interest in the display is a good thing. Something simple, such as a slideshow playing over a tv w/dvd player would be a great addition, in my opinion.

10. budder

Well, the local coordinators are in charge of registering the shows. If you want to talk with Mr. Eastman (since Eastman shows are the most common in GA), good luck. Communicating with him is difficult.

11. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I will have a couple of tables at the next Marietta show. I would be willing to have some GCO flyer's on my table to help with exposure.

Chris

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, Chris! :D When is it?

13. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Are you talking about the Eastman Show Aug. 25-26 :?:

14. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Yes, it's the Aug. 25th & 26th show. I was able to talk to some GCO folk's at Gwinnett a couple of weeks ago but I started to get busy with some sales and I told them that I would get in contact in a few weeks.

Chris