Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of people have made mention of a tall sign for the GCO booth space at the gun shows. I work in the trade show industry should have access to some spare exhibit parts.
Below is a quick frame that will lift the existing banner (or something like it) to 8'

This system is a lot like Tinker Toys for adults. This image represents the quickest and easiest framework possible. There are a lot of possibilities, I just need to know what you need.
Also, the company I work for does not produce graphics. We rely on a couple of outside vendors for almost all of our graphic needs. Once a design is established, I can go to them for pricing and such.

All of that said, sound off! Let me know what you need. What would make the show better for GCO? more table or counter space? Literature racks?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
Cavediver, thank you for coming up with these plans and posting them here for us.

Is there an easy way to add stuff to those supports? Maybe hang other signs there?

Also, would we be able to use our current banner? It's kind of small (5x1) for what you have designed there, so maybe we could keep it at the front of the table and have two. What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
They look good. Actually, they look pretty close to what I saw a couple of the vendors had up. My point is that they seem big enough yet not obtrusive or tacky. They also look easy for someone to carry there without a pickup. Good job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
budder said:
Cavediver, thank you for coming up with these plans and posting them here for us.

Is there an easy way to add stuff to those supports? Maybe hang other signs there?

Also, would we be able to use our current banner? It's kind of small (5x1) for what you have designed there, so maybe we could keep it at the front of the table and have two. What do you think?
Sure. The posts and rails have grooves in them. You use these grooves to fasten everything together. Lots of accessories are available as well (shelf brackets, etc.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
:bowdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Don't forget to check with show rules. Some have height restrictions on displays.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
budder said:
zxd9 said:
Don't forget to check with show rules. Some have height restrictions on displays.
http://www.eastmangunshows.com/dealers/rules.htm

There's nothing there, but there may be more rules somewhere.
Yeah, their list is very short. I'm used to getting a thirty page book of rules :D I'll have to give them a call in the next couple of days to see if there's any additional information.
Can you hook me up with the person / people that are registering GCO for these shows? Also, I'd like to talk to someone about graphics and logos, but that can wait for a little while.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,747 Posts
good display cavediver!
I used those at the memorabilia shows we ran
'cept mine were home made of wood & heavy

while we're on the topic of exhibit space..
yesterday I posted about the use of a laptop with a powerpoint presentation..

if thats not doable - a dvd slideshow can always be a thought
if its easier to bring a tv with dvd player
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,226 Posts
Claire said:
good display cavediver!
I used those at the memorabilia shows we ran
'cept mine were home made of wood & heavy

while we're on the topic of exhibit space..
yesterday I posted about the use of a laptop with a powerpoint presentation..

if thats not doable - a dvd slideshow can always be a thought
if its easier to bring a tv with dvd player
Great idea Claire!

I think anything that can catch the eye and help us retain interest in the display is a good thing. Something simple, such as a slideshow playing over a tv w/dvd player would be a great addition, in my opinion.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
16,485 Posts
Cavediver said:
budder said:
zxd9 said:
Don't forget to check with show rules. Some have height restrictions on displays.
http://www.eastmangunshows.com/dealers/rules.htm

There's nothing there, but there may be more rules somewhere.
Yeah, their list is very short. I'm used to getting a thirty page book of rules :D I'll have to give them a call in the next couple of days to see if there's any additional information.
Can you hook me up with the person / people that are registering GCO for these shows? Also, I'd like to talk to someone about graphics and logos, but that can wait for a little while.
Thanks
Well, the local coordinators are in charge of registering the shows. If you want to talk with Mr. Eastman (since Eastman shows are the most common in GA), good luck. Communicating with him is difficult.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
I will have a couple of tables at the next Marietta show. I would be willing to have some GCO flyer's on my table to help with exposure.

Chris
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
69,851 Posts
cdtracing said:
I will have a couple of tables at the next Marietta show. I would be willing to have some GCO flyer's on my table to help with exposure.

Chris
Thanks, Chris! :D When is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
cdtracing said:
I will have a couple of tables at the next Marietta show. I would be willing to have some GCO flyer's on my table to help with exposure.

Chris
Are you talking about the Eastman Show Aug. 25-26 :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
Yes, it's the Aug. 25th & 26th show. I was able to talk to some GCO folk's at Gwinnett a couple of weeks ago but I started to get busy with some sales and I told them that I would get in contact in a few weeks.

Chris
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top