GCO AUCTION

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by USMC - Retired, Jul 19, 2007.

1. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

GeorgiaCarry.Org invites you to attend it’s First Special Fundraising Auction to be held at the GCO Summer Luncheon on Saturday, August 18, 2007.

This live auction event will feature an assortment of items listed bellow and some items that have not been identified at this time. Proceeds from this event will go directly into GCO's operating funds to help preserve and expand Georgia citizens' firearms rights so be sure to come ready to bid!

This auction will be limited to ten items so persons wishing to donate an item to the auction are encouraged to PM me as soon as possible to get their item on the list. The items do not have to be firearms related, basically anything that the members would be interested in and more importantly bid on would be greatly appreciated. Personally I would love to see a box of high quality cigars.

Auction Items:
    1. FIREARMZ Course Certificate - Ken Forbus

FIREARMZ is your source for professional firearms training. Our instructor has over 20 years of firearms experience and training. We have a variety of firearms and defensive courses that provide you with the necessary knowledge to safely operate maintain and properly use a firearm for personal, home protection, competition or for your occupational requirements. The course being auctioned is detailed below.

Fighting Pistol Class

Retail Value: $250.00

Class description:
    Fighting handgun is for those that carry a handgun for personal protection or for a living. This class is the meat and bones of self defense shooting. It covers 0 to 5 feet out to 10 yards.

Day 1
    Safety Briefing
    Self Defense threat analysis
    Handgun attributes and effects
    Tactical Firearms Safety
    Grip
    The defensive draw stroke
    Shooting 0-to 21 feet
    Coopers Principals of Personal Protection
    Square Range Drills and Importance
    Multifunctional fighting stance
    Combat sight alignment / Combat sight picture

Day 2
    Trigger control fundamentals
    Movement
    Reloads
    Malfunction drills
    Gun silhouette shooting
    Kneeling
    Prone
    Odd positions
    Closing comments and certificates

Ammunition requirements: 1000 rounds of hand gun ammunition
    Eye and hearing protection required.
    Dress appropriately for the weather.

Bring your own lunch or you can drive a short distance to the nearest fast food restaurant.

2. Southern Holsters - Custom Holster

Certificate for a Custom made “Memphis†leather holster for inside the waistband belt carry. Each holster is molded for a specific handgun model.

FEATURES:
    - Vegetable tanned top grain leather, no splits or suede
    - Wet molded on both sides for a precise fit and excellent retention
    - Butt forward cant
    - Changable leather belt loops
    - Heavy duty "Pull-the-Dot" one way snaps
    - Black, Brown, Tan, Cordovan, or Natural colors
    - 1.5" Belt loops
    - Available for the following firearms:

Beretta - 92D Centurion, 92F Beretta Cougar, Vertec 92FS
    Browning - High Power
    Colt - Gov M1911-A1 and clones basically any 1911
    CZ - 75 B
    Glock – 19, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 32, 33
    H&K - USP Compact 9mm, USP Compact 357, USP Compact 40, USP 9mm, USP 40, USP 45, P2000, P7M8, P7M13, Mark 23 SOCOM
    Raven - P-25
    Ruger - P89, P95
    Sig Sauer - P220, P220R, P225, P226, P226R, P228, P229, P229R, P229 DAK with Rails, P230, P239, Pro 2340, Mosquito
    Springfield - Micro-Compact M1911-A1, Operator 1911A-1, XD40, XD40 Compact, XD40 Tactical, XD9
    Smith & Wesson - 2" J-Frame, 4506, 5906, 9606, SW99, SW9V
    Taurus - Millenium Pro PT111 DAO, Millenium Pro PT140 DAO, Millenium Pro PT145 DAO, Millenium Pro PT745 DAO, 24/7
    Walther - P5, P99, PPK/S

3. 1 Dozen MREs – Anonymous Donor

MRE stands for Meal, Ready-to-Eat and is currently the main individual operational ration for the U.S. military. MREs are meant to be completely self-contained meals that provide all the nutrition a solider-on-the-go needs to sustain himself. Typical contents include entree, side dish, crackers, peanut butter/cheese spread, desert, instant coffee/tea, matches, toilet paper, spoon, and a heater to heat the main entree. While everything in an MRE can be eaten cold, it usually tastes better warm. Great item for campers, hunters or emergency rations for when the zombies attack!

4. Pelican Pistol Case set – “USMC –Retiredâ€

1490 Case (Multiple Pistols and accessories)
    Interior Dimensions:
    17.75" x 11.37" x 4.12" (45.1 x 28.9 x 10.5 cm)
    • Watertight, crushproof, and dust proof
    • Open cell core with solid wall design - strong, light weight
    • Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve
    • O-ring seal
    • Double safety locking latches with keys
    • Comfortable rubber over-molded handle
    • Stainless steel hardware
    • Padded foam insert

1120 Case (Small pistol or accessories)
    Interior Dimensions:
    7.25" x 4.75" x 3.06" (18.4 x 12.1 x 7.8 cm)
    • Watertight, crushproof, and dust proof
    • Open cell core with solid wall design - strong, light weight
    • O-ring seal
    • Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve
    • Stainless steel hardware
    • Padded foam insert
    • Molded in double padlock points

5. Bullet Ballistics Playing Cards – “JRMâ€

A deck of standard playing cards, each of which features a round of ammunition and states the round's ballistic specifications.

6. Georgia Arms Ammo and cleaning kits
    All Georgia Arms ammunition is loaded using the finest American made components on the most precise equipment available. It is double cleaned and must withstand 18 quality control inspections before acceptance, and made available to the public. All lots are test fired to ensure safety and reliability. While they strive to offer shooters affordable ammo, Georgia Arms refuses to sacrifice quality for price. This is the same ammo used by some of the top amateur and professional shooters at many major matches. Consistent quality keeps their shooters in the winner's circle and customers coming back for more. Georgia Arms has donated two deluxe cleaning kits and 200 rds of their 9mm Gold dot hollowpoint ammo. That would be about $121 total retail value.

7. Bulls Eye Marksman Gun Club of Cumming Ga - Bronze Membership

Bronze Package Range Membership package that provides 10 One Hour or 20 1/2 Hour visits a $150 value.
    NOW OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK!
    Monday Through Friday 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
    Saturday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
    Sunday 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
    IPSC Competition every Tuesday Night from 6:30 until 9:00

8. Big Woods Goods – Range package

Package includes:

SSB M Range Bag Features:
    • 600 Denier Polyester Body.
    • Main Compartment: 11â€T x 15â€L x 7â€W.
    • Two Padded, Removable Pistol Inserts (10â€T x 14†L) that will hold scoped competition handguns.
    • Removable/adjustable shoulder strap.

Also included is:
    Two sets of disposable ear plugs
    Set of Elvex Shooting glasses
    25 paper targets
    Knight & Hale Hunting Video

$70.00 Total Retail Value

Big Woods Goods retail store is now open. Featuring a large selection of handguns, shotguns, rifles and accessories along with In-House gunsmith services! Located in Canton / Holly Springs, GA in Cherokee County. 2228 Holly Springs Pkwy, Suite 200, Canton, GA 30115.
    678-792-9000
    Hours
    M-F 10am to 7pm
    Sat 9am to 6pm / Sun 11am to 4pm

9.Signed Copy of Medical Warrior by Miguel A. Faria, Jr., M.D.

One of more signed copies of these brilliant writings signed and donated by the author himself. The following is a exerpt from a review of this book.

10. The Infamous GCO President's Tie! - Malum Prohibitum

The tie can be viewed at this link. (Select HB89) *Caution, not for the faint of heart, weak of stomach, pregnant women or those over 70 years of age

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007 ... chives.htm

This is every GCO members chance to ensure that we never have to see it again! Come ready to bid as I understand that he is reluctant to let it go and may bid on it himself! :shock:

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Oooooooo! We get two #9s!

3. USMC - Retired

Huh? :?

4. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I don't know. I'm off my meds ;)

5. USMC - Retired

Item ten has been identified and added, only one spot left! Get your donation in while you still can! :D

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProd ... =Dark-red#

193A in Red and white (color selection at the bottom all the way to the right).

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

:rotfl:

Ok this sucks. You guys REALLY need to make this a silent auction that non attendees can bid on and then just announce the winners at the lunch. Some of us are screwed due to prior engagements & money spent & commitments made & can't attend on the 18th. You CAN'T auction off a piece of history like THE TIE without giving everyone a chance.

8. USMC - Retired

I will discuss the option of allowing "proxy bids" with the board and get back to you on it. A "proxy bid" would be submitted to the board prior to the auction with the items desired identified and a "bid to" amount that a board member would use as a stopping point when bidding on behalf of the absent party. The board could very well decide not to allow proxy bids in order to encourage members to attend the luncheon. I will let you know what the board's decision is once I get it.

9. tony218

tony218 New Member

we should have rule on that one item that a certain person can't
    bid on it

10. USMC - Retired

Does no one here own, work for or know a bussiness that would like to donate an item or service for Item 9? I purposefully stopped making calls so there would be a spot for folks on here to fill but if no one steps up by Monday I will have to get one from an outside source. Come on now, someone has to know a good cigar dealer that is pro gun! :wink:

11. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

This is a little off subject, but the GCO thread is locked so I couldn't place it in there.

Regarding the luncheon, I went to go RSVP on the website today and the link was not working correctly when I went to register using the online option.

12. Malum Prohibitum

13. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Sharp tie MP. I could drop some money in Brooks Brothers.

14. Malum Prohibitum

At least somebody around here has some taste!

15. USMC - Retired

No it's just hard to get sarcasm across on here... :lol:

16. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Although I will say that one of the 3 things I miss about living in B-more is my friend who works at Jos A Bank. He's been one of the top 5 sales guys in the country the past few years and I get quite the discount.

Anyone have any suggestions for the remaining spot? How about a Mike Vick autographed indictment?

17. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I've said several times that that's a nice tie.

18. USMC - Retired

Proxy Bids Approved

The GCO Board of Directors has voted to allow "proxy bids" for the Live Auction at the Summer Luncheon. A "proxy bid" would be submitted to the board prior to the auction with the items desired identified and a "bid to" amount that a board member would use as a stopping point when bidding on behalf of the absent party. The board member will bid in whole dollar increments until either the proxy bidder wins the item or bidding progresses past the high bid limit they have set for the item.

Payment must be made either when or before the bidder receives the item. So either it can be shipped later or the member from the bidders area can pay for it and take it back with them, the must be arranged by the bidder prior to the auction. If the item is to be shipped the bidder will be responsible for actual shipping costs. The bidder will either mail a check or do a Paypal payment to the GCO account for the final amount of the bid plus shipping.

To submit a proxy bid please PM me with your name, address, phone number, and a list of items to be bid on and your highest bid for each item.

19. USMC - Retired

Item 9 has been identified! I'm very excited about this one! Dr. Faria is a Georgia citizen and a huge proponent of firearms rights. I spoke with him this morning and he is very enthusiastic about helping our cause. I asked him to join GCO and attend the luncheon as well. Hopefully his schedule will allow it.

20. Malum Prohibitum

Good addition!