Georgia Packing banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
sirkut said:
I think pot should be legal. When was the last time you heard someone smoke a joint and go home and beat their wife? I know alcohol does that...
Frankly, I can't tell you the last time I heard about someone drinking and going home to beat their wives. It's not like that's something you hear on the news. Why would it be any different from dope smokers. ( answer: it wouldn't.)

I love how the pro-dope people are so eager to say how many problems we would solve if we just let people do mind-altering drugs with no legal consequences. A more one-sided story you'll never find.

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
Owl said:
I love how the pro-dope people are so eager to say how many problems we would solve if we just let people do mind-altering drugs with no legal consequences. A more one-sided story you'll never find.
No victim no crime. When was the last time you heard about someone driving high on MJ killed someone?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Owl said:
i love it how people try to tell others what to do with their own bodies... and do it with a straight face. i love it when the government tries to impose their own brand of morality on its citizenry.

just like guns, marriage, how you travel, etc.... it's none of my business what someone does or how they do it if it does not interfere with my rights to do the same. if i don't like it, i won't do it!

i hope no one comes to take away your rights... one thing you can count on, it won't be me who is doing it. in fact, i'd fight for your rights regardless if i "agree". no thanks needed!

i'm amazed to hear "pro gun" people talk like this. it just proves they are "pro gun" and not pro liberty, freedom, etc... talk about a one-sided story :righton:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
kwikrnu said:
Owl said:
No victim no crime. When was the last time you heard about someone driving high on MJ killed someone?
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=52141

·
Registered
509 Posts
Owl said:
...if we just let people do mind-altering drugs with no legal consequences...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02711.html
www.washingtonpost.com said:
His resulting theory, described in his new book, "The End of Overeating," is startling. Foods high in fat, salt and sugar alter the brain's chemistry in ways that compel people to overeat. "Much of the scientific research around overeating has been physiology -- what's going on in our body," he said. "The real question is what's going on in our brain."
-------------------
Instead of satisfying hunger, the salt-fat-sugar combination will stimulate that diner's brain to crave more, Kessler said. For many, the come-on offered by Lay's Potato Chips -- "Betcha can't eat just one" -- is scientifically accurate. And the food industry manipulates this neurological response, designing foods to induce people to eat more than they should or even want, Kessler found.
http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm
National Institutes of Health said:
Difficulty walking, blurred vision, slurred speech, slowed reaction times, impaired memory: Clearly, alcohol affects the brain. Some of these impairments are detectable after only one or two drinks and quickly resolve when drinking stops. On the other hand, a person who drinks heavily over a long period of time may have brain deficits that persist well after he or she achieves sobriety. Exactly how alcohol affects the brain and the likelihood of reversing the impact of heavy drinking on the brain remain hot topics in alcohol research today.
who is down for working to make these "mind-altering drugs" illegal? :screwy:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts