GBI Fees

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by bmgoo, Oct 10, 2007.

1. bmgoo

bmgoo Guest

Went to Rockdale County to renew today and was informed that the
    GBI fees went up Oct 1from $24 to $26 so you need to bring that in a money order.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Did they request your SSN and employment information?

3. Malum Prohibitum

Also, since it was a renewal, did they issue you at the time of application a temporary license for one dollar?

If not, did you request it?

4. bmgoo

bmgoo Guest

Thye didnt ask I did not offer but it came out on the application
    that they printed out for me. Also the deputy that did the fingerprint said
    it was needed on the check.

5. Wiley

Wiley Guest

Sooo, Rockdale is keeping SSN's on computer file. Possibly forever. Convienient for ID thieves.

6. Malum Prohibitum

:banghead:

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Same for Bulloch County.

Also, isn't there a cap on the amount they can charge?

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Not anymore.

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Not anymore to the charge cap or the SSN storage? I know Bulloch has my SSN, but it can be expunged if I want it to be.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Not anymore to the cap. I'm pretty sure case law supports the SSN is out for good.

11. Wiley

Wiley Guest

Just how does one go about doing that? How many trees will I have to sacrificed? (Keeping in mind that the Cobb County Probate Judge thinks he can write any restrictions he wants on a GFL and take as long as he wants to process an app, with the full support of the Georgia Supreme Court.)

Yes, on new apps, sometimes, maybe, if they feel like using the latest form. But the OP was renewing.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

PM jrm.

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

14. shamalama

shamalama New Member

Remember: the quiet little independent nation of Rockdale has been known to act like a little diva, completely unencumbered of any state or federal regulations. A stubborn lot they are at times. Been dealing with them for a number of years.

"Without the SSN it will take MUCH LONGER to process your license ... longer than the 16 weeks as stated on the application."

:evil:

Yeah, pure BS.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I was fed that by a gun shop once. "Without the SSN, you could get confused with someone else and then it would take 72 hours". :roll:

16. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Thats pure horse $h!t. When I have a customer fill out the 4473 I have never asked for SSN. There is a box for it but it is marked optional. If a customer provides it and I have to NICS them I will include it on the check. If they don't I leave the space blank. I can count all of the delayed NICS's I've had on one hand and all of them had the SSN provided. Most of the time I get the response back in 3 to 5 minutes. I did have one last summer that took almost a 1/2 hour. I did a NICS last night, no SSN, and it came back in about 30 seconds.

17. Malum Prohibitum

Not only that, but the info sheet has the full Privacy Act section 7(b) warning on it.

I agree with you. I call - :bsflag:

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea. They (shop in Florida) didn't take carry permits in lieu of NICS checks. When I went to Todd's place in Dublin, he was glad I had a carry permit since my name is so common. That way he didn't have to do a NICS.

19. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

At the last gun show it took about 3 minutes without giving my ss#, the other week it actually took 3 days to clear. Anyone have any idea why it would take so long?