Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Rockdale County to renew today and was informed that the
GBI fees went up Oct 1from $24 to $26 so you need to bring that in a money order.

·
69,743 Posts
Also, since it was a renewal, did they issue you at the time of application a temporary license for one dollar?

If not, did you request it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Did they request your SSN and employment information?
Thye didnt ask I did not offer but it came out on the application
that they printed out for me. Also the deputy that did the fingerprint said
it was needed on the check.

·
69,743 Posts
bmgoo said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Did they request your SSN and employment information?
Thye didnt ask I did not offer but it came out on the application
that they printed out for me. Also the deputy that did the fingerprint said
it was needed on the check.
:banghead:

G

·
Wiley said:
Sooo, Rockdale is keeping SSN's on computer file. Possibly forever. Convienient for ID thieves.
Same for Bulloch County.

Also, isn't there a cap on the amount they can charge?

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Gunstar1 said:
Bulloch3317 said:
Wiley said:
Sooo, Rockdale is keeping SSN's on computer file. Possibly forever. Convienient for ID thieves.
Same for Bulloch County.

Also, isn't there a cap on the amount they can charge?
Not anymore.
Not anymore to the charge cap or the SSN storage? I know Bulloch has my SSN, but it can be expunged if I want it to be.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
I know Bulloch has my SSN, but it can be expunged if I want it to be.
Just how does one go about doing that? How many trees will I have to sacrificed? (Keeping in mind that the Cobb County Probate Judge thinks he can write any restrictions he wants on a GFL and take as long as he wants to process an app, with the full support of the Georgia Supreme Court.)

Bulloch3317 said:
I'm pretty sure case law supports the SSN is out for good.
Yes, on new apps, sometimes, maybe, if they feel like using the latest form. But the OP was renewing.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Wiley said:
ptsmith24 said:
I know Bulloch has my SSN, but it can be expunged if I want it to be.
Just how does one go about doing that? How many trees will I have to sacrificed? (Keeping in mind that the Cobb County Probate Judge thinks he can write any restrictions he wants on a GFL and take as long as he wants to process an app, with the full support of the Georgia Supreme Court.)
PM jrm.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Wiley said:
Remember: the quiet little independent nation of Rockdale has been known to act like a little diva, completely unencumbered of any state or federal regulations. A stubborn lot they are at times. Been dealing with them for a number of years.

"Without the SSN it will take MUCH LONGER to process your license ... longer than the 16 weeks as stated on the application."

:evil:

Yeah, pure BS.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
shamalama said:
Wiley said:
Remember: the quiet little independent nation of Rockdale has been known to act like a little diva, completely unencumbered of any state or federal regulations. A stubborn lot they are at times. Been dealing with them for a number of years.

"Without the SSN it will take MUCH LONGER to process your license ... longer than the 16 weeks as stated on the application."

Yeah, pure BS.
Yea, I was fed that by a gun shop once. "Without the SSN, you could get confused with someone else and then it would take 72 hours". :roll:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
shamalama said:
Wiley said:

Yeah, pure BS.
Yea, I was fed that by a gun shop once. "Without the SSN, you could get confused with someone else and then it would take 72 hours". :roll:
Thats pure horse $h!t. When I have a customer fill out the 4473 I have never asked for SSN. There is a box for it but it is marked optional. If a customer provides it and I have to NICS them I will include it on the check. If they don't I leave the space blank. I can count all of the delayed NICS's I've had on one hand and all of them had the SSN provided. Most of the time I get the response back in 3 to 5 minutes. I did have one last summer that took almost a 1/2 hour. I did a NICS last night, no SSN, and it came back in about 30 seconds.

·
69,743 Posts
cdtracing said:
When I have a customer fill out the 4473 I have never asked for SSN. There is a box for it but it is marked optional.
Not only that, but the info sheet has the full Privacy Act section 7(b) warning on it.

I agree with you. I call - :bsflag:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
cdtracing said:
ptsmith24 said:
shamalama said:
Wiley said:

Yeah, pure BS.
Thats pure horse $h!t. When I have a customer fill out the 4473 I have never asked for SSN. There is a box for it but it is marked optional. If a customer provides it and I have to NICS them I will include it on the check. If they don't I leave the space blank. I can count all of the delayed NICS's I've had on one hand and all of them had the SSN provided. Most of the time I get the response back in 3 to 5 minutes. I did have one last summer that took almost a 1/2 hour. I did a NICS last night, no SSN, and it came back in about 30 seconds.
Yea. They (shop in Florida) didn't take carry permits in lieu of NICS checks. When I went to Todd's place in Dublin, he was glad I had a carry permit since my name is so common. That way he didn't have to do a NICS.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
At the last gun show it took about 3 minutes without giving my ss#, the other week it actually took 3 days to clear. Anyone have any idea why it would take so long?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts