Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I remember my dad driving across town for 29.9
I can recall 24.9 and the pump ran on muscle power and not electricity.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,491 Posts

·
Registered
9,396 Posts

Sloppy Job Dems. We don't hate fossil fuels.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Colonial may not have been the only target.
The FBI has confirmed that DarkSide, a Russian hacking outfit made up of ransomware veterans, was responsible for the attack on Colonial Pipeline
Newt Gingrich, the former Speaker of the House, called for military strikes to kill those involved in an 'act of war' against America.
Russia, Russia, Russia.......................

Is this hacking group supposed to be based in Russia? Are they a Russian state sanctioned group or just some "Russians?" Newt The Moron would like us to conduct military strikes on these hackers on Russian soil? Is Putin supposed to say "Yeah, sure, no problemo, come get them then we drink Vodka! Dah!" Color me cynical but there's still a lot of people running around in Biden's DC with hard-ons for getting it on with Russia. I can't see this being sanctioned by Putin and him risking a conflict with the US even if he might possibly come out on top. I can see him laughing at our vulnerability - and maybe our stupidity too - though. I can also see this as an inside job by our side to cast blame on Russia or someone else as a pretense for us to "do something to save the country." Yeah, I'm skeptical and getting more so each day.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Putin supposed to say "Yeah, sure, no problemo, come get them then we drink Vodka!
We'll just ask nicely for him to sent us their heads or we come get them. What could go wrong with that.
I could just post another pic of my "takes care of all fix".:cool:

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Darkside, the hacker group responsible, has claimed it is a "franchise" that did this, not the main group. They explicitly avow any political motives, they just want money. Not sure I 100% believe that, but what I have see so far supports that assertion. The group's history suggests they are speaking the truth. Today's shortage is due to panic buying that exceeds the capacity of local stations to service and local trucks to refill (there is a shortage of fuel delivery drivers). The tank farm in Norcross has about 21 days of fuel for Atlanta and the region in stock. Maybe more if the EPA waives the summer fuel requirements. The stations should refill in a day or two and people can't put gas on a shelf like toilet paper. Unless the main pipeline stays down until NEXT weekend (5/21), we should see mild price increases and spot shortages, but no major or widespread unavailability. If they can't start things by next Friday, then they lost the ability to restore their control systems from archived protected images and are in deep trouble.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Colonial may not have been the only target.

Nemo

It looks like they hit the D.C. PD too.

·
Custom User Title
2,024 Posts
I am against government meddling with the free market. However, since they really think that they have to do something , I wish that at least they made it in the right direction. Mr. Kemp yesterday decided, among other things, to halt sales taxes on gas and prohibit price gauging :cool:

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
We'll just ask nicely for him to sent us their heads or we come get them. What could go wrong with that.
Remember when "the Russians" supposedly hacked the Democratic National Committee computers from Russia in 2016 and downloaded tens of thousands of emails which then ended up on Julian Assange's WikiLeaks' website? It was later proven* that it was an inside job done on-site and not "the Russians" from overseas. So, yeah, I remain skeptical when I hear about "the Russians" doing this and doing that. Recall also that "the Russians" supposedly interfered with the 2016 and 2020 elections to help Trump out. I'm not saying the Russians don't do their share of cyberwarfare - just as we do - but they seem to always be the scapegoats when we engage in shenanigans. I could envision a thing or two going wrong with that.

* This is just one of many articles dealing with this. Look up William Binney and Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) for more.

Reactions: Schweisshund

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
Why does the DNC blame the Russians for everything that the DNC does?

Reactions: TimBob

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,491 Posts
You write that? Citations?

And they are pushing us into it so we can expend ourselves fighting with each other, as China sits on the sidelines enjoying the spoils. Then takes over the world after the US and Russia are spent.

Nemo

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
To many dominoes falling all at once to be a coincidence. Three choices as to who is knocking them down. The guilty one's all have a zip code in the USA and a birth certificate from the same except maybe one.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Aaaaand Colonial is back in business. Guess we'll find out for sure in a few days.

"Following this restart, it will take several days for the product delivery supply chain to return to normal," Colonial Pipeline said in a statement. "Some markets served by Colonial Pipeline may experience, or continue to experience, intermittent service interruptions during the start-up period."
Hackers [the Russians!, the Russians!] had demanded millions in ransom money – which the pipeline operator refused to pay, enlisting help from the Department of Energy, as well as federal, state and local authorities instead. Earlier this week, the company had resumed partial operations under manual control, according to a Wednesday statement from Deputy Energy Secretary Dave Turk.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,491 Posts
Its all over. Pipeline is operational again and beginning to move petro products.

edit-- showed you posted this just as I was proofreading mine before I clicked to post

Nemo

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
In my best Billy Mays voice, "But wait, there's more!"

Not to be outdone by "the Russians" shutting down Colonial's pipeline in Texas, dumbass MI Governor Witless Whitmer orders a pipeline in MI shut down! Oy vey! :eek: :oops: o_O

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Not to be outdone by "the Russians" shutting down Colonial's pipeline in Texas
Which Russians do you speak of. The actual Russia Russians or the Swamp Russians?😁

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Which Russians do you speak of. The actual Russia Russians or the Swamp Russians?😁
It's hard to tell since they're all still wearing face diapers. ;)

41 - 60 of 78 Posts