Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I saw your post on facebook about it.. I would certainly have to lean Libertarian politics but I think the general public is simply going to have to come to the understanding that voting for a '3rd' party is not throwing their vote away. I think this last election has just showed that the general public is NOT satisfied with the Democrats way of trying to do things... now if they would do it again and do the same thing to the Republicans by voting in a heavily Libertarian representation, we might be getting somewhere. :)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should add, then, that he will be running as a republican, like he did for NM governor.

The issue when Ron Paul ran in the republican primaries was a bunch of stupid complaints regarding his age, his executive experience, his idealism, etc. A bunch of war-mongering, big-spending, tax-hiking neocons somehow came out ahead in the hearts and minds of republicans. McCain, Guliani, Romney, and Huckabee, I'm looking in your direction.

Gary Johnson presents all of the same arguments as Paul, but perhaps with more immediate pragmatism and he is more "presentable" to the public, which should give the message a better chance in the midst of big-government goons.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/148566

"Prediction #1: Gary Johnson will announce his intention to run for President of the United States of America early next year.

Prediction #2: Shortly after this announcement Dr. Ron Paul will formally endorse Gary Johnson for President and announce he will not be running for President himself."

If you favor small government, lower taxes, strong 2nd amendment rights, and states' rights, he's your man. Running as a republican should make him much more viable than running as a third party.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Gary Johnson might be the perfect presidential candidate. The problem is that I don't know who Gary Johnson is and have never heard of him before reading this thread; not just me, but 99% of the voting public will say Gary Who?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nullifier said:
Gary Johnson might be the perfect presidential candidate. The problem is that I don't know who Gary Johnson is and have never heard of him before reading this thread; not just me, but 99% of the voting public will say Gary Who?
That's why I posted this thread :righton:

No one had ever heard of Sarah Palin prior to her running for Vice Pres, and now she's a household name.

Of course, if the Rs nominate her for their presidential candidate, we will most certainly have 4 more years of Obama. Hopefully Johnson will be able to inject some sanity into the debates, as Ron Paul did in '08. Only this time, people may not be so quick to write the message off, as Gary Johnson is more electable than Paul.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I think some of the more conservative less libertarian leaning Republicans will struggle with his positions on immigration reform and legalizing marijuana.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mb90535im said:
I think some of the more conservative less libertarian leaning Republicans will struggle with his positions on immigration reform and legalizing marijuana.
Then they can vote for someone else and struggle instead with four more years of Obama.

If they field another McCain/Huckabee/Romney/Palin, that's what they're gonna get.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
mb90535im said:
No problem with marijuana here, but any candidate not in favor of Arizona-style immigration legislation will not be getting my vote for federal office.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts