Garage Gunfight

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/gilchr ... inney.html

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What a scary situation. But if the attacker had not run out of ammunition, the guy's pregnant wife would be dead right now.

He hit him once, as evidenced by the homeowner's statement and the trail of blood, but this raises the question, Why did the homeowner stop? You should not stop shooting until the threat has ended.

My guess is he took cover. That is normally a wise move, but if your pregnant wife is in the garage with a masked, armed man who is shooting, then it is time to charge into the attack and do not stop until the attacker is completely incapacitated.

How would this guy have felt if his pregnant wife took a headshot while he was behind cover?

3. SilentGhost

SilentGhost New Member

I'm with you on this one. ESPECIALLY since his wife was involved.

4. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Man this is a scary situation!

I would not have stopped until I emptied every round reloaded, emptied mag 2 and maybe mag three. :!: :uzi:

5. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

Thank God that all "3" of them are safe and unharmed...

6. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

give the guy a little credit, if the BG got the car between himself & the hubby hubby might not have been able to fire without either stepping around the car into the BG's muzzle or shooting through the car with wifey in it. I would have thought wifey would just tear out of the garage the moment firing started. Well none of us were there so we don't know how it went. God was with them obviously.