Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
I was wondering when somebody would put that twist on it.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Why muddy up a good veto with facts?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
That is true. But not knowing who else could have a weapon would be a good deterrent to the initial assault.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
"He didn't have the benefit of carrying a firearm, so NOBODY can carry!" - Gov. Nathan Deal

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Of course, at 19, Phelps would not have a GWL, so HB 859 would not have made much difference for him.
He could have had a legal self defense knife though if hb826 was not buried or if deal had signed hb859 into law (and the law had taken effect).

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
A stiffer penalty for illegally knifing someone to death would have fixed this.

[/sarcasm]
Maybe he knifed him to death knowing he would get a lighter sentence? Cuz Momz don't like guns so Deal wants to up the punishment on all gun carriers. Said as much in his veto manifesto.

Deal is my Hero shirts now on sale. Knives not included. [/sarc]

<>Safer

Since much of the motivation for HB 859 is the commission of crimes involving the use of firearms on college campuses, I suggest to the General Assembly that it consider making the unauthorized possession and/or use of a firearm on a college campus an act that carries an increased penalty or an enhanced sentence for the underlying crime.
Edit: This kid lost his life trying to do the right thing. Maybe, because he believed the BS of GFZs, "sensitive areas", "sensitive places", "sanctuaries of learning" or whatever utopian crap Deal and the Momz are pumping into these kid's heads. :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts