Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man charged, but law repealed two years ago

He was charged with discharging a firearm on a Sunday.

The entry for the law in the 2006 supplement to the Official Code of Georgia Annotated says: "16-11-05. Discharge of firearm on Sunday; exceptions; penalty. Reserved. Repealed by Ga. L. 2005 ..., effective July 1, 2005."
When Gwinnett police spokesman Darren Moloney was told that the charge might be an invalid one, he replied by e-mail "Good question. However a judge has already signed the warrant."

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
Makes me ashamed to be a "Gwinnetian." Can't wait to make the move back to Forsyth.
Ah, hogwash! :wink: Gwinnetian, Forsythian, Fultonian, Daltonian......we're all JOEGINS (my best shot at southern "Georgians") and that's where the real changes have to be made. Like this antiquated law about shooting on Sunday was just repealed in 2005, this state needs to figure out the great civil war is over, the slaves have left the plantations and it's time to make some 21st century sense out of our gun laws.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
[T]his state needs to figure out the great civil war is over, the slaves have left the plantations and it's time to make some 21st century sense out of our gun laws.
Big +1 on that!!!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Bulldawg182 said:
wsweeks2 said:
Makes me ashamed to be a "Gwinnetian." Can't wait to make the move back to Forsyth.
Ah, hogwash! :wink: Gwinnetian, Forsythian, Fultonian, Daltonian......we're all JOEGINS (my best shot at southern "Georgians") and that's where the real changes have to be made. Like this antiquated law about shooting on Sunday was just repealed in 2005, this state needs to figure out the great civil war is over, the slaves have left the plantations and it's time to make some 21st century sense out of our gun laws.
I believe it's, Gawgians, and I completely agree. Beer sales on Sunday would be nice, too. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
M249 said:
I completely agree. Beer sales on Sunday would be nice, too. :cheers:
Yeah, if I can't shoot my gun, at least let me drink.:wink:
Heck, I say we should be able to do both simultaneously!!! :shock:

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Is the judge that signed the warrant a former probate judge?

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I find the public, even those supportive of our cause, woefully ignorant of the history of Georgia's gun laws. Most people simply assume such laws were passed for reasons of public safety.

Informing them of the real reason at an early age would help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.