Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 981 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hmmmm...

Wonder if the new owners will be more friendly towards GCO and GPDO.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Well, I will now defiantly return and check out the place since it is under new ownership. Has there been any work on the range in terms of ventilation the target pulley system?

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Oh man, there goes my range credit. :(

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
They have done some work on the range. Last time I was in there, they had upgraded the ventilation and the lighting downrange was slightly improved. The target retrieval system I used also was not held together by rubber bands... However that may have been luck of the draw, as i didn't look at any of the others that day.

The ventilation system was a BIG improvement, it didn't feel like i was hot boxing a black powder revolver.

While I was shooting, I talked to an employee who was taking pictures and I believe he mentioned more improvements to the range in the future.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Quest50 said:
They have done some work on the range. Last time I was in there, they had upgraded the ventilation and the lighting downrange was slightly improved. The target retrieval system I used also was not held together by rubber bands... However that may have been luck of the draw, as i didn't look at any of the others that day.

The ventilation system was a BIG improvement, it didn't feel like i was hot boxing a black powder revolver.

While I was shooting, I talked to an employee who was taking pictures and I believe he mentioned more improvements to the range in the future.
You are absolutely correct. The lighting has been increased and a second exhaust fan was installed to increase the negative pressure at the far end of the range. These are only temporary fixes while we are searching for a more permanent and integrated range solution. Most of the target carriers are in better shape now, but will be replaced just after the new year. A couple of them are still a little slow (moving back and forth).

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
GA Firing Line said:
mygunstoo said:
Your range is still good. I made sure to keep the customer range credit file through the transition! :)
Great :righton: I will have to check out the place.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
GA Firing Line said:
mygunstoo said:
Your range is still good. I made sure to keep the customer range credit file through the transition! :)
:woohoo: :woohoo: I like it!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I went there the other day for the first time since the ownership change, and I can't wait to go back. Love the improvements, keep it up!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've got some range credit from about 18 months ago still in the system combined with newer time added. Never thought I'd actually use it though due to the conditions of the range. Might actually swing by to take a peek and burn some of it up in the near future. It's definitely going to be an uphill battle for the new ownership to overcome the store's reputation.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You would be surprised, even with almost the same employees, the attitude towards customers is way better than before.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
GA Firing Line said:
It's a condition of employment. ;)
As it bloody well should be. :righton:

I'll be happy to come back and give you guys a try (again). 8)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
That reminds me... I've got some range credit to burn up. :righton:

1 - 20 of 981 Posts