GA Firearms License Not Issued in 60 Days

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by GeorgiaGlocker, May 25, 2006.

1. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Is there really anything anyone can do if your GFL hasn't been issued within the 60 day time frame as stated by law? I'm in a discussion in Glock Talk with some out of state folks who say "sue" because a GA resident has been waiting 70 plus days and still hasn't received his license. He lives in Fulton county. Any suggestions for this fellow Georgian?

2. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I just read a post from that forum from another Georgian and he stated that after 90 days and no GFL he started a bi-weekly phone call campaign every Wednesday and Friday. He would call and inform them that they were breaking the law and wanted to know what the hold up was. At day 147 he went to the probate court and was informed that all the paperwork was back, but the judge was not going to sign his permit because of his aggressive personality and phone call harassment campaign. The judge was going to use his descretion and deny it on MORAL CHARACTER which is their only means of discrectionary right to refuse. He is currently appealing it.

3. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Past 60 days

Try this! :D

Originally posted by USMC - Retired

PLEASE READ! VERY IMPORTANT INFO!

I just spoke with a gentleman at the NRA Legal Defense Council. THE NRA WANTS TO HELP MAKE THE PROBATE COURTS OBEY THE LAW!
    But they need information from us to make this happen. If you have been a victim of the probate courts refusal to issue within 60 days please take a few minutes to describe your situation and email it to the following address with "Attention NRA General Council - subject Georgia Concealed Carry" in the subject line. The email address is nracrdf@nrahq.org you can also fax a letter if you wish to (707)267-3985. Please take a bit of your time to make this happen, with the NRA backing our play we may be able to fix this now!

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Got a link to the other forum?

5. ctdonath

ctdonath Member

I'm past 90 days waiting in Clarke county.

I emailed nracrdf@nrahq.org as noted above and got back a form letter that sounds like they had no idea what I'm talking about. HELP!

6. ctdonath

ctdonath Member

Got some clarification from NRA - seems nothing is happening. Not sure who to talk to about it.

Finally got my permit - definitely longer than the law allowed.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

ctdonath, congratulations on getting your firearms license.

:woohoo: :cheers: