GA Dome AL vs WA

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by jreXD9, Dec 28, 2016.

1. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

A few yrs ago I got past a pat down and in with a pistol after riding MARTA to the game. I'm wondering how stringent they'll be at The Dome this weekend for the AL/WA game? Anybody gone to a college game there lately?

2. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

We went to the SEC championship....had a pistol in the bottom of the wife's purse....security never saw it

3. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

were they wanding at all?

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

False bottom purse. You set off the metal detector, they look inside - and you're in! ;-)

The only angst you'll have is when no ladies are with you to carry it. :lol:

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

purse weight

if the security officers LIFT the purse, they'll notice that extra weight in it, and discover the false bottom.

Now, I've sneaked guns into private businesses where it was legal to carry but just against store policy, but I'm not going to try to smuggle a gun into a government building with a security checkpoint in place, nor will I try it at a private sports area where you have to buy your tickets FIRST and then go through security. Because if they find your gun, they can eject you, ban you from the property (criminal trespass notice) and I don't think they have to offer you any refund.

So with professional sporting events and music concerts costing the big bucks that they do these days, I'm not going to risk it. Not to mention being kicked out and denied entrance to the venue would ruin what is probably a "group" event, as the others in my party wouldn't have nearly as good a time without my company sitting with them! ;)

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

false statements

If the GA Dome is a public building, and their agents / guards/ security staff ASK YOU about weapons, and you state that you are not armed (but that's a lie) can you be charged with the crime of giving false statements?
    That's a felony. Loss of gun rights for life, unless you successfully petition for restoration of civil rights years in the future.

See O.C.G.A. 16-10-20.

7. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

A school function, if held off-campus, is only off-limits for a high school or lower level school.
    Not a university-affiliated event.

See 16-11-127.1 (2)

"School function" means a school function or related activity that occurs outside of a school safety zone and is for a public or private elementary or secondary school.