GA Carry Law?

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by limbaughfan, Jul 28, 2006.

1. limbaughfan

limbaughfan New Member

I know you cant carry a CCW in any place that serves alcohol, what are the chances of a law making it legal to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol.I there any pending legislation dealing with this.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

No

No, the law will not be so changed. That would take intelligence, principle, and respect for other people's choices and lifestyles.

The legislators from urban areas won't vote for it because they're solidy against guns (though they don't mind booze).

The legislators from the rural areas won't vote for it because although they like guns in general, they don't like concealed carry, and they are against booze. They have a fear of alcohol and contempt toward those who partake of it. (At least that's the image they try to convey to the public. In private they probably get crocked as often as college frat boys).

The legislators from middle-class suburbia could go either way on this issue, but in any case there are not enough of them to overcome the urbanites and the farm country folk.

4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

And I thought I was a cynic. gunsmoker, I think you have me beat. :lol:

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

6. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

MP, I really like the idea, but I think it would be one heck of a fight. There are a lot of myths that would have to be overcome. I even wonder if we could get anything serious out of the Assembly this year. I fear they will all point to 396 and say "you got your gun bill last year and that should be enough for a while".

BTW, I really hope I am wrong on this one.

7. atlctyslkr

atlctyslkr New Member

We need a complete overhaul of the restricted places. Some of the states like CA and NY that are hardest to get permits in have some of the least restrictions, like bar carry.

I won't settle for anything less than the "privledges" the cops get.