GA 14th Congressional District Candidate

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by moe mensale, Apr 6, 2020.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The 14th Congressional District covers the counties of Floyd, Chattooga, Polk, Gordon, Catoosa, Dade, Haralson, Murray, Paulding, Walker, Whitfield, and part of Pickens County. Tom Graves (R) is the incumbent but he's retiring from his seat. So far there are nine Rs vying for the party's primary nomination in May to face the D challenger in the November general election.

GOA has thrown their support behind Marjorie Greene. This is a partial snip from their email I received today. Never heard of any of them until today. I could be swayed by that pic. :lol:

"Gun Owners of America is proud to endorse Marjorie Greene for Congress in Georgia’s 14th Congressional District.

The primary election is scheduled for May 19 to fill the seat held by retiring Rep. Tom Graves.

A successful Georgia businesswoman, Marjorie Greene is not a career politician. She is just the kind of principled, pro-Second Amendment person we need in Washington.

Greene earned an “A” rating from GOA because she opposes any new gun control laws and will work to roll back unconstitutional gun laws already on the books. She believes, with the Founding Fathers, that the Second Amendment is a safeguard of freedom and liberty.

Marjorie Greene will be more than just a reliable vote. There are many good pro-gun votes in the Congress, but WE NEED LEADERS!

Marjorie is a leader in her community and a leader in the state of Georgia who will serve our nation well in the United States Congress.  She understands that politicians in Washington and government bureaucrats seek control of every aspect of our lives, including our ability to protect ourselves and our families.  Marjorie will stand up for our gun rights against those bent on destroying the Second Amendment and our personal liberties.

The radical left in America does not want leaders like Marjorie Greene in Congress. They will target her as they do every candidate who believes in the Constitution and personal freedom."

[​IMG]

This is her website.

https://greene2020.com/

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

She claims endorsed by Jim Jordan. She gets a point in my book for that.

Nemo

StarJack likes this.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

My nephew ran against Tom Graves several years ago.
    I wonder if he'd like to try for the vacancy now.

4. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Is She related to anybody working at the New York Stock Exchange?

5. moe mensale

Even if she is, it's not nearly as exciting as being related to the guy who OWNS the NYSE. :lol:

6. moe mensale

Trump declared antifa a "terrorist organization" not a "domestic terrorist organization" but I can overlook that minor faux pas.

Phil1979 likes this.
  7. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I approve of Her.

Phil1979 likes this.
  8. moe mensale

Greene came in first in the primary by 2 to 1 over 2nd place finisher Cowan. She didn't get the 50%+1 so they're heading for the August runoff.

But it now seems that the national GOP leadership is up in arms over her after some supposedly "racist, Islamophobic and anti-Semitic views" were discovered on Facebook. Oh, the horror! :panic:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...ns-condemn-gop-candidate-racist-videos-325579
    So what did she say that bunched up the GOP leadership's panties?

9. moe mensale

My thoughts in blue.

10. moe mensale

I see nothing wrong with anything she said here. Sharia law is not compatible with our Constitution. Anyone claiming to be a faithful muslim must adhere to Sharia law, regardless if they are "moderate," "fanatical" or anything in-between. Which means your views are antithetical to our American system.

ETA - Back in the early 50s, Joseph McCarthy and Richard Nixon were both vilified for their views on the "red menace" that supposedly infiltrated our federal government. History proved them both right and they both paid dearly for their views for the rest of their lives. I see the muslim influence in our governments today in much the same way. It's a cancer and needs to be excised where ever it's found.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  11. moe mensale

Her comparison of BLM to Nazis and KKK is accurate. Most of its members aren’t idiots though; they’re “useful idiots” to be disposed of when no longer useful. The only thing stopping blacks from having equal rights is their continued dependence on the government as their sugar daddy.

12. moe mensale

I don’t know, Doc. Her views may be far more reflective of your 14th District constituents than what you and many others believe. Maybe it's time to stop the virtue signalling and kowtowing and face reality. Greene got my vote in the primary and she’ll get my vote in the runoff.

13. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Tell you what moe I'll come up on election day and vote for her. Then after lunch I'll drive back to Bulloch and vote there as well. I learned how to do that watching TV out of Atlanta.
    :mrgreen:

14. moe mensale

You can come up the night before, stay over, wake up refreshed and go vote. I'll buy lunch. Hey, the commies can do it. Why not us?

15. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Well-Known Member

One commonality about both Greene and Cowan that I noticed is that both prominently featured guns on their tv ads. Greene was a little more assertive and featured her guns more than Cowan.

The only other candidate ad I remember seeing was the proesecutor guy who played up his National Guard service.

16. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Exactly.

17. moe mensale

Things are heating up in this race. :devil:

Greene is accusing Cowan of deceptively claiming to be a "reserve deputy" with the Floyd County Sheriff's Office.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ge...-parading-around-as-a-law-enforcement-officer
    Cowan is claiming Greene supports illegal immigrants by not using E-Verify in her business.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ge...ent-apologize-for-illegal-immigrant-ad-claims

18. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

I wish more businesses had the courage to refuse to use E-verify.

19. MarcR

MarcR Member

+2 here for Marjorie...didn't even have to wear a mask...

20. moe mensale

Took the ex to vote this morning. Her husband did a mail-in ballot because of his work schedule. All the poll workers had masks on. I couldn't understand a single thing any of them said but since this wasn't my first voting I just smiled, nodded and signed where needed. Most of the voters while we were there didn't wear masks.