Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Yeah, but I'm still not sure whether the guy's an idiot, or the producers force him to say some of that crap. To illustrate the size of a .50 BMG round, he holds up a ".308, the standard round for the AK-47 assault rifle". Then there was the body armor demonstration wherein the vest manages to stop 5.56, 7.62 Soviet, and "even the 9mm!". Because bigger numbers mean badder bullets...

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I don't care for his over-dramatization at all. That and he is just a corporate stooge for whoever gives him something to play with.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
The thing that gets me, he states that he was a SEAL at the beginning intro of each episode.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
slabertooch said:
The thing that gets me, he states that he was a SEAL at the beginning intro of each episode.
That may just mean that he once worked as one of the dressed up characters at Sea World! :rotfl2:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
[quote="USMC - Retired
That may just mean that he once worked as one of the dressed up characters at Sea World! [/quote]

:rotfl:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,926 Posts
Jmark said:
I don't care for his over-dramatization at all. That and he is just a corporate stooge for whoever gives him something to play with.
I normally ignore him and pay attention to the cool toys and stuff blowing up.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Adam5 said:
Jmark said:
Notice I never said I don't watch the show. :lol:

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Bulloch3317 said:
Adam5 said:
Jmark said:
Man law?
MAN LAW!!!!! I say add it to the books and pull out the bud light or whatever beer commercial it was!

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,926 Posts
Sharky said:
Bulloch3317 said:
Adam5 said:
Jmark said:
Man law?
MAN LAW!!!!! I say add it to the books and pull out the bud light or whatever beer commercial it was!
Man Law.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've seen several episodes with him and it seems to me that in at least 50% of them he's doing a spot about the crazy explosives that old British guy comes up with.

Not my favorite show, but it's got it's moments.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
viper32cm said:
I've seen several episodes with him and it seems to me that in at least 50% of them he's doing a spot about the crazy explosives that old British guy comes up with.

Not my favorite show, but it's got it's moments.
As far as I know he has only been on two or three of the ten's of shows.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I like the show and watch it pretty regular. I am sure the dramatization is for a pay check. gotta make it interesting to the average person. The .308 cartridge is not the standard for the AK but the .308 bullet is.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I saw that same episode. Wasn't he showing off the 6.8MM round with Barrett's M468?

It looks like a pretty cool rifle. Sounds like the AR's big bore brother. I wonder how much the civilian version will sell for?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
pro2am said:
I saw that same episode. Wasn't he showing off the 6.8MM round with Barrett's M468?

It looks like a pretty cool rifle. Sounds like the AR's big bore brother. I wonder how much the civilian version will sell for?
Last time I was at Shuler's in Commerce they had one. Don't remember the price though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts