funny thread on SigForum re: new member post

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by VolGrad, Oct 19, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Seems like we have had several threads recently where we talked about how nice folks were on this forum. Check this thread out. There are some funny replies. Wonder if this poster is a <strike> Liam </strike> troll or if the question is for real.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3411021501

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If it's fo rreal, he need to learn about guns before he hurts somebody.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, they chased him off . . .

4. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I hope nothing like that ever happens on this site. I used to be a member of a car forum. I learned a whole lot about my car (not import tacky rice mobile just to be clear, it is a muscle car.). I stopped going to the forum. Because of post like that. People would imediately jump on new members making them feel dumb or unwelcome. I was once new on that site and luckly read alot before I even thought about posting. But eventually I got tired of whenever a question was asked everyone would jump them and say "SEARCH BUTTON", quite a way to welcome new members.

However with firearms... it was good they insisted on him getting training.

5. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

That's not the worst treatment I've seen on Sigforum by a long shot.

Para, the moderator is really nasty to people he doesn't agree with. I have two real-world friends who were banned (and had their posts erased) because they respectfully disagreed with him on technical matters.

6. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

It appears the guy was really asking for help. I read all three pages and with the exception of the one person telling him he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, most of them were pretty helpful and one of the posts even called the "sharpest knife" poster down.

I don't think they chased him off either, as he did post the last reply on page three and that was posted today.

I am glad to see some of the people encouraging him to get some training as it is obvious from his posts that he is new to firearms and evidently doesn't know a lot about them. While I don't think training should be a prerequisite for firearms ownership, I do think it is a smart thing to have, especially so if you were not raised around firearms and learned at least the basics of firearms safety and operation as a youth.