Funny OC situation

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by gsusnake, Jul 24, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

So I OC'd into GameStop tonight to get my copy of Guitar Hero 2 Rocks the 80's, and was chatting with the guy at the counter, who asked me if I wanted to preorder RockBand (new game coming out soon).

I said sure, I'll take it on PS2. He said it doesn't come out on PS2 and started to make fun of me for not having a 360 or PS3.

THEN... he noticed the gun and said, "Well, I was going to mock you for not getting to play a great game, but then I noticed that you're ARMED... please don't shoot me!"

:lol:

2. oxfat

oxfat New Member

Well, don't keep us in suspense.

What did you say back??

3. gsusnake

"Gimme a reason, punk." in my best Dirty Harry voice

No, seriously, I told him not to worry. The only people I would be shooting were those that needed it.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Sounds like he almost needed it. :p

5. gsusnake

The other clerk in the store said, "Hey man, it's good that he carries. Can you imagine what would happen if somebody tried to rob us when he was in here? DENIED!"

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I've open carried in there before. In fact, I was with Ptsmith.

FYI, the guys in the pawn shop don't like it when you open carry in their store.

7. gsusnake

Dishonest John told me that when I went in for ammo.

I promptly left, after announcing I would not be back.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yeah... I come in the door and he is playing around with a shotgun and has it pointed right at the door, so when I come in I have a shotgun pointed at me. When he noticed me he pointed the muzzle up...

Then he tried to sell smith and I some crappy handguns. After I said I wasn't gonna buy them he said open carry is not allowed in there; and that's when we left.

9. gsusnake

We desperately need a good gun shop in Statesboro. An indoor range would be nice, too.

I'm trying to convince several people that a range/store should be their next business ventures.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Well...we can start by knocking down the wall in my apartment...I'm sure the neighbors and their baby won't mind. 8)

But yea, he was pretty desperate to get rid of those pistols. I can't even remember what they were. He told us if we both bought one he'd knock some off the price and we wouldn't have to pay sales tax. The first pawn shop (the one near the courthouse; can't remember the name of it) didn't seem to mind as much...of course that was semi-conceal/semi-open carry. The second one that said something about it said something about "it's for mine and your safety"... :roll: Shoulda said "what a coincidence?!? that's why i carry"

11. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

I hear they really are building an indoor range in Pooler. It'd be nice to have one in town, but I'm still happy to have one coming that close! My dad said they have already started building. I'm gonna have to ask him exactly where it is. It's kinda surprising that Statesboro and the surrounding areas are lacking on gun shops and ranges. I reckon all the good ol' boys just go shootin' on their own land for free though.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Definitely. I'm usually in Pooler once a week or so. Know any more details on it? It'd be nice if it had a rifle range or two.

13. HannitizedRushBaby

I'll ask my dad where it is exactly. As far as the range itself... I know nothing. The police officer that I spoke with when I picked up my GFL told me that a sporting store in Savannah was building it. I tried to call them a couple of months ago to get some details, but I couldn't remember the name! I'll keep ya posted if I find out anything new though. And y'all let me know if ya hear anything too!

14. HannitizedRushBaby

I'm going to be in Savannah for a few hours this afternoon. I think I'm gonna swing by Pooler and check out the construction. I'll update ya later and letcha know what I find out.

15. HannitizedRushBaby

Unfortunately I was unable to make it to Pooler today. My sister dragged me to go dress-hunting for an upcoming wedding. Ugh!!! Shopping is depressing...

Anyway, my dad said that it was on the Statesboro side of Pooler... I THINK he said on the left side?... but I'll have to confirm that. (I asked if it was on the Spanky's side or not... even though I'm good at directions [for a girl] that was my very female way of asking exactly where it was located. Haha!!)

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock: :shock:

Yea, US 80 runs right into Pooler. When I go to school out there, I'll go that way usually. I turn onto Jimmy Deloach Pwky (before I get to town) and take that up and around to the other side of I-95.

17. HannitizedRushBaby

Honestly, I don't like shopping. Unless it's at Best Buy, Books-a-Million, or a shoe store. Although I usually don't buy anything at Best Buy or Books-a-Million. I just browse and figure out what I want... then order it online or buy it at Target where it's cheaper! :wink: But I do love me some electronic gadgets!!!!

Where do you go to school down there? I thought you were @ Southern.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Georgia Tech's Savannah Campus. Just on Jimmy Deloach off of I-95. I'm kinda at both schools, really.

19. Marikhal

Marikhal New Member

You guys are probably referring to the range that Patrick's Uniforms is opening.