Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oc'd at Yellow River Park this afternoon (full-sized CZ in OWB holster, with nylon dual-mag pouch) in the wonderful sunshine (though it was still a little chilly). It wasn't crowded but there were more than a few people walking dogs, riding bikes, etc...

I passed a young man with his 4-5 year old daughter, and behind me I heard her say in a loud voice, "Hey Dad, that's a shoot man!". After looping back around again, when she saw me, she had a big smile on her face, waved and said, "Hey mister shooting man!". Now, as far as I could tell, there were no shots fired. :shock: :lol:

Another time, I passed a group of people with a couple of children. Behind me, the little boy said to someone in his group, "That's a thick water pistol!" I think these two encounters prove that little girls are brighter than little boys, which in some cases persists into adulthood. :lol:

Kids can be so funny sometimes. It was a great day at the park.

Maybe this Spring, we can have an OC lunch there and do some bike riding. The paved trail is a one mile loop, and there are several miles of wooded trails.

Afterwards, went to Walmart and was oogling the pretty jewelry, looking for a birthday present for my bride. The young lady there asked me if I was a police officer or detective. I said, "No ma'am, just a private citizen, but I do have a weapons license to carry." She then helped me pick out a couple of nice things. Passed right by a manager and everyone was cool. It was a pleasant OC day today, and good to see people that are comfortable with non-LEO who carry. :righton:

·
Custom User Title
2,006 Posts
:lol:
Usually kids give more troubles when I smoke a cigar at the park!

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Passed through Snellville today on my way to Atlanta. Glad you had such a pleasant OC experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts