Funny morning for me at FedEx

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Glockenator, May 4, 2018.

1. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

This morning, I had to send a Ruger 22/45 pistol back to Ruger, because of a manufacturing defect. Ruger sent me a pre-paid FedEx shipping label. I went to the FedEx hub off of Delk/Franklin Rd to drop it off. I was greeted by a gun/knife-buster (picture of both) NO WEAPONS sign on their front door. I just chuckled to myself, ignored it and walked in.

The guy in line in front of me was OC'ing a knife (a folding knife clipped into his pocket. I was tempted to whisper to him, "Hey man - you might want to hide that thing better. They have a scary sign on the front door. They are scared of you". And I would have followed that by whispering even lower, "I hope they don't notice this...", as I briefly lifted up my shirt slightly and showed him the 13+1 rounds of .357SIG on my hip.

But I thought better of it, and didn't say a word. I just handed the nice lady my box, got my receipt showing they had received it, and I went on my merry way.

Now, I would NOT have chosen FedEx, if I had paid for the shipping myself. Because of them jumping on the anti-semiautomatic rifle bandwagon lately. I would have driven to the UPS store waaaaay closer to my home and paid them even more money just so they could destroy my package and probably the gun too, along the way.

We just can't win with these shipping a-holes. They all have their very severe faults. United Package Smashers destroys boxes, USPS loses packages constantly, and FedEx has shown their libtard arses recently.

2. suomi82

suomi82 Member

The fedex locations near me(downtown) don't have gun buster signs, I wonder why. Recently I also shipped a gun with fedex, pre paid label from Walther. The only bad part was when it was brought back after getting fixed, the delivery guy did not check my ID, I offered my ID, he didn't want it, I told him there's a gun in this box you need to see my ID lol.

3. Glockenator

When my gun was returned to me yesterday, a signature was required. But he didn't check my ID either. What a dumb waste of a feature that could be worthwhile, and probably cost Ruger some extra money.

When I initially dropped off the package, the cashier asked me how I was doing. I replied to her rhetorical question with a non-rhetorical answer. I said I would be better if FedEx had a location close to me and I didn't have to drive 20 miles. She said I could have dropped it off at a Walgreen's or something. I only said that it was a valuable item (I didn't want to freak her out with the word gun), and I wanted FedEx to get it directly. There is no way in hell I would trust a 3rd party vendor with my gun. And I asked for a receipt to prove that they had possession of it.

4. suomi82

suomi82 Member

Mine said the same thing "adult signature required", however, no signature was asked or given he just took a glance on my drivers license.

5. johnski

johnski Active Member

Gun buster signs have been at Fedex for a few years now so it's not a recent thing. TBH they do not really care; it's just for legal purposes to avoid getting sued or involved in a lawsuit. Even so, it's their private business so they can make their own rules. Firearms require an adult signature. It is not required to see ID to see if you are the person named on the package. If you are obviously an adult (21+) then yeah they may not ask to see your drivers license. It is really no business to Fedex whether or not you are there to receive your firearm. Fedex just needs an adult signature from someone who lives there. It's your package, your gun, YOU should bear the ultimate responsibility to be there and sign for it yourself if you are that touchy about it. Tracking is really easy to do these days.

6. johnski

johnski Active Member

I guess you'll just have to open your own shipping business. Let me know how that works out for you.

7. Clark

Clark Member

Talking about the faults with shipping companies...the USPS lost my tax return this year...sent certified! (that's how I knew it was lost, tracking info disappeared)

8. Wheedle

Wheedle Member

It's funny how some areas FedEx is terrible, and UPS does a decent job, but others it is the opposite. I really haven't had any experience with FedEx since moving to Newnan, but UPS has continued to deliver packages on time, unmolested, and properly tracked. In Villa Rica, every damned thing of mine FedEx touched was late, lost, mangled, or mis-tracked... or some combination thereof. I have friends in oher areas who swear byt FedEx, but have nothing but issues with UPS.

Even then... they both still beat the USPS...

9. Glockenator

I have been inside the Acworth UPS distribution center, on business, and saw how packages get smashed and mangled. They literally throw the boxes (with computers, printers, tv's, etc.) from the back of a truck, across an aisle, to land on a conveyor belt. It isn't the drivers on the road doing that. It is the people UPS doesn't want the public to see, because many of them have tattoos running up their neck, etc. Inner city-looking folks. Also, I bought a portable washing machine for my daughter last Christmas. UPS dropped off that $400 item, I pulled it out of the box, and it was all dented and beat up. I plugged it in, and it sprayed water out. When it spun, it sounded like a gun on full auto. It had also been thrown around and beat up to the point that it was unusable. UPS customer service on that problem was a sick joke. They simply don't care - they are playing by the numbers, and if your issue falls within their acceptable limits, then you are SOL.

I was buying/selling a fair amount of stuff on ebay a while back. I swear that I never went 2 weeks without filing a claim with USPS on lost or severely delayed packages. As an organization, they are collectively the biggest bunch of idiots I have ever dealt with in my life. I think that is because of their hiring practices - there are plenty of middle-aged white males looking for a job, who aren't veterans, who are hard-working people with a brain, but they have zero chance of getting hired by USPS. Plus the fact that they have a union. Plus the fact that they are part of the government and really don't have to answer to anyone. Their tracking systems is a worthless, sick joke that simply does not work.

I have had only very few problems with FedEx. They are noticeably faster than UPS and USPS, and they have never damaged or destroyed a package of mine. Once, their tracking showed that their driver could not find my house in a one-street subdivision. I got on the phone with them that night, and they got that subcontractor driver to get back in his truck and deliver my package late that night. My only real beef with FedEx, at this point, is because of them jumping on the libtard anti-gun bandwagon.

There's my rant, with an explanation of my disgust with all 3 organizations.

10. tsangster

tsangster Member

FedEx man just tossed 2 packages onto my front porch. Hope they weren't fragile. Quess that extra step is just too much to ask.