Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I borrowed my dad's tiller (hadn't been used in a couple of years) and needed to pull the carb and clean it out. I needed some carb cleaner, and Advance Auto is just a couple of miles down the road. I walked in OC'ing my SW99, found the carb cleaner, and decided to look around to make sure I didn't need anything else...
AA employee " Sir, can I help you?"
(me, turning around) " Naw, I was just looking to make sure I didn't need anything else..."
AA employee (eyes immediately to my hip) :shock: "HOLY CRAP! Is that a Glock?" :roll:
me "No, It's an SW99"
AA employee "Is it a .40?" :roll: (Why does it always have to be a .40???)
me " No, its a 9mm"
AA employee "Never heard of it"
me " It's a new polymer pistol developed by Smith and Wesson..."
AA employee :shock: "cool'
Paid for my carb cleaner and left with a smirk on my face...

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
For the uninitiated, especially in Georgia, it's always a Glock .40.

I can see his face now when you told him it was a S&W:

Smith and Who? :sly:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
At least yours was polymer. I got the "is that a GLOCK" question while OCing my SIG P220 the other day :shock:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
dunkel said:
At least yours was polymer. I got the "is that a GLOCK" question while OCing my SIG P220 the other day :shock:
I still giggle when I think about the clerk ata a local store asked "Is that a gun!? :shock: "......92FS in a Serpa sporter, did she mistake it for a cell phone or a pen? :roll:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,914 Posts
kineticmind said:
For the uninitiated, especially in Georgia, it's always a Glock .40.

I can see his face now when you told him it was a S&W:

Smith and Who? :sly:
You can say that, again. My Sig P229 has SIG SAUER written on the freaking handle, and everytime someone looks down at my gun, that ask if its a Glock .40.

At least the somehow get the caliber right, but goodness, every black gun you see is not a Glock. Especially when it says Sig Sauer in huge letters right on the handle! :lol:

I'm still always very polite to them, of course get into a good gun discussion and end up giving them a GCO card. :D :righton:

·
Registered
698 Posts
dunkel said:
Best way to avoid the "Glock fawty" question is to actually buy a "Glock fawty" so that you can just answer "Yes" and vacate the premises. :lol:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
gkill772001 said:
dunkel said:
Best way to avoid the "Glock fawty" question is to actually buy a "Glock fawty" so that you can just answer "Yes" and vacate the premises. :lol:
I'd rather deal with the ignorant public than the shame of ocing a Glock

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I've gotten the is it a Glock question a few times...granted the S&W SD is essentially a modified Glock ripoff...usually they ask if it's a 9mm though

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
dunkel said:
gkill772001 said:
dunkel said:
:popcorn:

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
I've been given a 10% discount for OCing in an AA. He asked if I was Mil or LEO and I said no, then he said well I'll give you 10% off just for carrying anyway.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have been asked twice if my stainless slide, polymer frame Taurus 24/7 was a Ruger. Never asked if it was a glock.

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
I've had a few people ask me if my Kel-Tec P-11 was a Glock. :roll:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
dunkel said:
gkill772001 said:
dunkel said:
Hear, Hear. 100%

1 - 15 of 15 Posts