Fundraiser for Troops Shipping to Middle East

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Since it appears he is too shy to post it here, I thought I would put it here for him.

As everyone probably knows we are doing a fund raiser for C Co. 1/61 Inf. (RSTA). After discussing the subject with members of the command they have come up with a few items they definitely need. Knowing that they probably know better and there resources we are going to work on getting there recommended items. These items will significantly enhance the operational readiness of the Sniper Platoon. These items are:

http://www.eberlestock.com/introducing_the_skycrane.htm

Specifications:
    6 lb. 4 oz. -- basic pack weight. 9 lb. 14 oz. -- full system pack weight.
    2600 c.i. to 5100 c.i., variable capacity. Add a 2nd Spike Camp Duffel to reach 7600 c.i.
    Pricing:
    J263M Pack System: $429.00 (Includes J2SD Spike Camp Duffel and J2MS Drag Bag/Backscabbard/Shooting Table Insert).
    J2SD $26.95 (Extra Spike Camp Duffel; clips outboard of 1st duffel for 7600 c.i. cap.)
    WXP3L $26.95 (3 Liter / 100 oz. Hydration Kit -- pack will hold two)
    A1SM $34.95 (Magic Carpet Shooting Mat)

http://www.eberlestock.com/Phantom%20Backpack.htm

The unit would like all packs in Coyote Brown due to the terrain in Afghanistan. We have already received enough money to purchase one of each pack and attachments. We need to purchase 4 each, your contributions will help significantly. If you like you can just order one and send it to us.
    As we deliver these to the unit we will also be sending out certificates of appreciation from the unit showing their appreciation to those who donate.

Sincerely,
    Ken Forbus

Firearmz Training

P.O. Box 344

Temple, Ga. 30179

WWW.FIREARMZ.NET

ken@firearmz.net

770-853-7883

Instructor Options for Personal Security

WWW.OPTIONSFORPERSONALSECURITY.COM

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized." Col Jeff Cooper Rest in Peace

2. Malum Prohibitum

DEPLOYMENT

FUND RAISER FOR

C CO. 1/61 (RSTA), 101ST AIRBORNE (AIR ASSAULT)

Once again the 101st is in pre-deployment stage and having a son in C Co. 1/61, I always try to do a fund raiser for locally procured items the unit may need. Last years support was over whelming and we are looking forward to no les this year. Last deployment they all went to Iraq, this year the Division will be split, some going to Iraq and one brigade going to Afghanistan. My sons unit is going to Afghanistan and we are going to support them as much as we possibly can.

This money will be donated to the Commander and 1SG for the needs of the unit. FIREARMZ is also doing free handgun training for the unit prior to deployment. All of the young men and women that are serving our country need and deserve our support, this is one small token of appreciation we can all help and be sure what we give, will get to the soldier on the line. The members of C Co. 1/61 are all Infantry Soldiers that do the daily door kicking, setting up sniper hides, obtaining intelligence, and doing the good will work necessary to win the hearts and minds of the local population.

When the good will doesn’t work they take the garbage out, while we set at home enjoying the freedoms that they provide for us.

If you would like to donate please send your check or money order to:

C Co. 1/61 Inf.

C/O

Ken Forbus

P.O. Box 344

Temple, Ga. 30179

If anyone would like a receipt please let me know and I will provide one. If you would like a POC at the unit to verify the fund raiser please contact me.

Firearmz Training

P.O. Box 344

Temple, Ga. 30179

WWW.FIREARMZ.NET

ken@firearmz.net

770-853-7883

Instructor Options for Personal Security

WWW.OPTIONSFORPERSONALSECURITY.COM

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized." Col Jeff Cooper Rest in Peace

3. Malum Prohibitum

Ken's son is being deployed.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Where do we send the donations? Checking account is empty..all I can do is credit right now.