Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no requirement in the Constitution that the Speaker of the House must also be a current member of the House to serve as speaker...

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
New2Atlanta said:
There is no requirement in the Constitution that the Speaker of the House must also be a current member of the House to serve as speaker...
Yeah, I heard this on Rush on Friday. The Speaker does have to be elected by the members of the house though so I'm sure he/she will always be a "member of the club" so to speak. Pretty interesting little loophole though.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
It's also unconstitutional for a member of the house/senate to vote for a pay increase for any office of congress/senate and then later serve such an office. Like the pay increase Hillary Clinton voted for, and was then appointed by Barry. Go figure...

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course it's not unconstitutional until the Supreme Court says it is. And then they don't often address the whole issue or any issue in a timely manner.

Pretty much leaves the Pres and Congress to do as they want. For years and years anyway.

I hear there are still debates about what the 2nd Amendment says.

(are we screwed ?, yes.)

·
Registered
247 Posts
New2Atlanta said:
Of course it's not unconstitutional until the Supreme Court says it is. And then they don't often address the whole issue or any issue in a timely manner.

Pretty much leaves the Pres and Congress to do as they want. For years and years anyway.

I hear there are still debates about what the 2nd Amendment says.

(are we screwed ?, yes.)
I think it is the MEANING or intent of the 2A that most in this country have no idea about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts