Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Like a Boss
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiancee applied for her GWL in Fulton (downtown) and was fingerprinted by FCPD on October 8th. By my math, they should have had to issue her permit by November 22nd. That date came and went with no response, and she hasn't had time to follow up until now. She tried calling the probate court but got stuck in an automated system with no way to reach a human. She then called FCPD and had the following conversation, paraphrased and edited for clarity:

"I'm calling to check on my GWL." (identifying information was then exchanged)

"We have it."

"So it's ready? I can come pick it up?"

"No, we have your application. We have until December 21st."

"What does that mean? I can come pick it up on the 21st?"

"No, that's just how long we have to process it. You can't call back until then. If you call on the 21st and it's ready, you can come pick it up. Otherwise you can talk to a supervisor then."

WTF?? :evil: How can the Fulton PD just make up their own deadline that's a month longer than allowed by law? What are they even doing in that time? I thought all the police did was to submit the fingerprints, get the results instantly, and return the results to the court. Is there any recourse or do we just need to wait until the 21st and find out what they say then?

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
I think that's why they allowed alpharetta and sandy springs pd to do the fingerprinting because of this nonsense...my permit took 56 days...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts