Fulton County quick license issue

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by audioeng, Jun 11, 2007.

1. audioeng

audioeng New Member

I am posting to report a speedy issue of my CFL in Fulton Cty.
    I applied downtown on 5/4, received my permit on 6/7.
    This was a replacement, had to endure the same procedure for a new permit, including the same fees.

In the past I have applied at North Annex, and both times took over 60 days.
    I recommend all CFL applicants in Fulton go downtown to Pryor St. It seems that the digital prints make for a MUCH faster turn around.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. audioeng

audioeng New Member

Just because the court agrees does not mean that they tell their employees to do it... :(

They said that replacements are treated like new applicants.

4. Malum Prohibitum

:|

:x

5. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

audioeng,

Just to make sure, are you talking about a replacement or a renewal?

Replacement would be if you lost your license and were getting a duplicate of your old one, with the same expiration date. A renewal would be if it expired and you were getting one for another 5 years.

6. Malum Prohibitum

:up:

7. audioeng

audioeng New Member

Yes, a replacement.
    My original CFL was stolen along with my wallet during an armed robbery(Not allowed to carry at my workplace=criminal empowerment zone). The upside is that the new license has 5 years on it, opposed to the 2 years left I had on my old CFL.

It would've been nice to only pay $5 for a replacement, but I don't mind paying the $48, it is less than $10 a year, seems like a deal to help protect myself and my loved ones.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Dang...the freakin irony. :x

9. Malum Prohibitum

Whoa! Was this in Georgia? Details, please! :D

10. Axeman

Axeman New Member

+ 1

Sounds like time to ask for a workplace policy change.

11. audioeng

audioeng New Member

Yes, this happened in Marietta, GA. Don't have much I really want to go into other than everyone made it through safely, and my wife now is not comfortable around guns, the total opposite effect than what I experienced.

I wish a policy change was possible, but almost all big corporations have similar policies, they always trust the public more than their employees. :x

12. Malum Prohibitum

:cry:

13. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

What's the latest procedure for applying downtown? How, specifically, do you make payment? Is it two $24 money orders? I'm sending my fiancee down there to get hers sometime soon.

Should we wait until after the wedding when she changes her name, or does that really matter? How would she prove to a LEO that she's really 'Jane Deaux' when her GFL, which has no friggin' picture on it, reads 'Jane Fawn'? :?

14. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

It's best to call first about the money, as things like that tend to change.

If it's really important to her to have her married name on her GFL, then she should either wait, or start using her married name now. Frankly, if an officer is hung up on the last name when the DOB, physical description, address, and first name all are the same, then the officer's looking for a reason to give her trouble.

15. audioeng

audioeng New Member

You bring $20.39 cash and a MO for $24. Don't fill in the To: line of the MO yet. I personally used Publix for my MO, it was only $.89

Up to date info on what to bring can be found at the probate court website:
    http://ww2.co.fulton.ga.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=151&Itemid=343

I would wait until after the wedding so there are no issues with names.. She will need to have the original or certified copy of the marriage license to change her name at the SS office, passport, GA ID, etc.. Then it is easy to apply with her new last name.

16. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

I paid the same thing at the North annex last year. But I have to assume it's $20.41 now, correct? Where did that $48 number come from? Just curious. After yet another run-in with an over-enthusiastic homeless man downtown, I know I need to get her walking around with some courage from my boys Smith & Wesson. There's safety in numbers, you know.

17. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

$20.41 is correct, postage went up for those who forget.

18. audioeng

audioeng New Member

Their website still says 20.39, but I would venture to bet that 20.41 is correct. I applied for my license before the rate increase but it was mailed after the increase. The postage rate was $.373 according to the envelope, because of a presort discount.

http://pe.usps.gov/text/dmm300/ratesandfees.htm

So I am not sure what the $.39 was for, but if it was postage, they still send it for less than that.

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

You need to bring a $24 MO for the fingerprinting and $20.41 in cash for the processing and the stamp.

20. audioeng

audioeng New Member

Is this from experience? The Fulton CO. website still says 20.39

http://ww2.co.fulton.ga.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=151&Itemid=343