Fulton County Probate Court

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I stopped by the Fulton County Probate Court recently while I was at the courthouse on other business. I requested an information sheet on applying for firearms licenses. After reading the information sheet, and noticing that a social security card was not one of the documents listed, I leaned over to the nice clerk who had given it to me and asked whether an applicant was required to disclose his social security number or employment information to apply for a firearms license, since the information sheet did not address such matters.

"No, sir. You used to, but they changed all that."

I thanked her and left.

:wink:

2. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Good deal. 8)

See yesterday's post regarding Forsyth Co. Word is appartently getting around.

3. Black Ice

Black Ice Member

Very nice, since thats were i have to renew my GFL....

4. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

We have GCO to thank for that! Good job!

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Black Ice,

When must you renew? They are not issuing temporary renewal licenses.

See the third posting on this link:
    GCO Topic Link Showing Counties Refusing to Issue Temporary Licenses

You may renew (and request a temporary, which I would do whether they want to issue it or not - can't get what you don't ask for) up to ninety days before your license expires or up until 30 days after.

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

There seems to be a lack of uniformity in appearance of temporaries, but, not matter what they look like, they ought to suffice as an alternative to a NICS check.