Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25624711/detail.html

Channel 2 Action News reporter Erin Coleman tracked down a spokesman for the Fulton County Police Department who said the victim’s mother flagged down a DeKalb County police officer on Covington Highway and said that her daughter had been assaulted. Fulton County police Officer Michael Wilson was later taken into custody.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Is this what you want GPDO to turn into? A Cop bashing site?

I believe this story was only posted to bash police! Do you enjoy running off the police that still post here? blah blah blah... /sarcasm

Sorry, just thought I'd go ahead and get that out of the way real quickly. Save some others the time. :lol:

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
First, I have to say that have been fortunate to have not encountered any bad police to date. Well, only a partially bad one long ago. What scares me is what would happen if one of us gun carriers were to be confronted by this criminal protected by government immunity?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Police are humans too... There's gonna be some bad ones no matter what field you work in.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Quest50 said:
Police are humans too... There's gonna be some bad ones no matter what field you work in.
You got that right! :righton:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Quest50 said:
How many other fields employ people who can detain, restrain, and lock you up all under the color of law?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
AV8R said:
Quest50 said:
How many other fields employ people who can detain, restrain, and lock you up all under the color of law?
Dominatrix?

Az

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
AzB said:
AV8R said:
Quest50 said:
Dominatrix?

Az
Yeah, but they get expensive after awhile. Not that I'd know anything about that, of course. :cantsay:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
The police are not our enemy.
We don't need to turn GPDO into a cop-bashing site.
If everybody posted a news article every time a cop does something bad (on duty or off-duty), this site will not be the kind of place that cops, judges, prosecutors, and other government agents will want to visit and contribute to.
Think about that.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
gunsmoker said:
The police are not our enemy.
We don't need to turn GPDO into a cop-bashing site.
If everybody posted a news article every time a cop does something bad (on duty or off-duty), this site will not be the kind of place that cops, judges, prosecutors, and other government agents will want to visit and contribute to.
Think about that.
+1 - dialog and thoughts as to how we can work with police, ammend Georgia gun laws, general firearms discussions, etc. should be the focus here. If someone here has a bad encounter with a LEO, it is a worthy topic from a constructive criticism perspective (i.e. 'how can we help reduce the odds of this happening again' kind of thing). Negative police activities that don't involve 2A rights or GCO/GPDO members don't seem to have much of a place here.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EJR914 said:
Is this what you want GPDO to turn into? A Cop bashing site?

I believe this story was only posted to bash police! Do you enjoy running off the police that still post here? blah blah blah... /sarcasm

Sorry, just thought I'd go ahead and get that out of the way real quickly. Save some others the time. :lol:
Definatley called that one right :righton:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Don't worry... the UN is here to help us all.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11/04 ... ts-council

The United Nations Human Rights Council, a conclave of 47 nations that includes such notorious human rights violators as China, Cuba, Libya and Saudi Arabia, met in Geneva on Friday, to question the United States about its human rights failings.

It heard, among other things, that the U.S. discriminates against Muslims, that its police are barbaric and that it has been holding political prisoners behind bars for years.
Take notice you cop bashing muslim haters!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
drtybykr said:
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25624711/detail.html

Channel 2 Action News reporter Erin Coleman tracked down a spokesman for the Fulton County Police Department who said the victim’s mother flagged down a DeKalb County police officer on Covington Highway and said that her daughter had been assaulted. Fulton County police Officer Michael Wilson was later taken into custody.
I just hope it's not true and the charges are dropped because of a mistake.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
gunsmoker said:
most police are not our enemy.
ftfy

i have been fortunate enough to not any negative encounters with police, atleast in regards to firearms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts