Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26563974/detail.html
“When we arrested him, he was already wearing an ankle monitor where he’s out on bond on very serious charges in Fulton County,†Womack added.

Smith Jr. faces 21 counts of crimes, including aggravated assault and robbery in Fulton County. Sources inside the county said his ankle monitor allowed him to leave home during the day to seek employment. Douglasville police said during that time, that’s when he committed the crime. They also say the teens are connected to a well-known gang -- infamous for smash and grabs of jeans in Atlanta
Police have arrested five of the nine they said were involved. Two juveniles are behind bars, as well as 18-year-olds Antonio Johnson, Timothy Slaton and 19-year-old Barry Smith Jr. Police said Slaton had warrants out for him from the Atlanta Police Department, and Smith was being monitored.
How many of the recent crimes in the metro area have had a former Fulton County inmate?
How many recent crimes have involved a former felon from any county?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fulton
Nov 23, 2010
Accused killer Tamario Wise had been out of prison less than two weeks when he allegedly launched a violent crime spree that left a man dead, a woman sexually assaulted and several victims of armed robberies, aggravated assaults, carjackings and home invasions.
Dec 28, 2010
Before he was charged Tuesday with killing a state trooper, Gregory Favors had been arrested three times this year after trying to flee police, court records show. Each time, Favors obtained bond in Fulton County. Each time a pretrial services officer had recommended against it, court records show.
Jan 18, 2011
The suspects, 21-year-olds Clifton Jerome Scott and Brandon Christopher Herston, both of Fayetteville, were charged with armed robbery, burglary, false imprisonment, possession of a firearm in the commission of a crime and aggravated assault.
Is this the same Mr. Brandon Herston arrested in Fayette County? http://inmates.fultonsheriff.net/Public ... d1=1040421

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Prime examples of the criminal control I wrote about in the Dick Cheney thread. Carolyn McKinney and her ilk would better serve Georgians if she'd use her influence to correct the problem that repeatedly allows for seriously bad guys to be free to commit violent crime after being convicted. Magazine capacity is the least of our problems.

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
mountainpass said:
Is this suspect the same Barry Smith arrested in the OP with 21 counts against him? http://inmates.fultonsheriff.net/Public ... d1=0904141

Is this suspect the same Timothy Slaton wanted in Atlanta? http://inmates.fultonsheriff.net/Public ... ains&not2=

What about the Boot Camps that used to be here for young offenders. Did it not work or cost to much? This kind of stuff is costing all of us...some with their lives.
The boot camps don't work...I've seen the results...

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well letting them out obviously isn't working, and putting teenagers in with the general population probably makes them more violent once they are released.

I found this:
http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/Divisions/C ... /PDCS.html
A probation detention center (PDC) is a minimum security facility for confining probationers. Offenders may be sent directly to the center as a sentencing option or if they prove unable to fulfill their probation obligations in the community, may be sent to the detention center as a result of a revocation proceeding. There are 12 PDCs currently in operation with a total of 3,095 beds. Two of the centers house female probationers, totaling 470 beds
Where are these located?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bleckley Probation Detention Center
Colwell Probation Detention Center
Northwest Probation Detention Center
Paulding Probation Detention Center
Central Probation Detention Center
McEver Probation Detention Center
SW Probation Detention Center
Emanuel Probation Detention Center
Bacon Probation Detention Center
Patten Probation Detention Center
SE/Women’s Probation Detention Center
Treutlen Probation Detention Center

·
Banned
2,559 Posts
mountainpass said:
Well letting them out obviously isn't working, and putting teenagers in with the general population probably makes them more violent once they are released.

I found this:
http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/Divisions/C ... /PDCS.html
A probation detention center (PDC) is a minimum security facility for confining probationers. Offenders may be sent directly to the center as a sentencing option or if they prove unable to fulfill their probation obligations in the community, may be sent to the detention center as a result of a revocation proceeding. There are 12 PDCs currently in operation with a total of 3,095 beds. Two of the centers house female probationers, totaling 470 beds
Where are these located?
The boot camps only let the young criminals communicate easier wif criminals their own age. I have seen this attitude wif several young people that hang wif my stepson...as well as his time in boot camp....not a real good investment of our resources...

ETA: I do see where you coming from though....and it sounds good in theory...

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking through the press releases it appears some PDC's were closed. I imagine they closed them to meet the budget(not under use). Not sure if the ones in my last post are still open.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
The problem here is letting out convicted criminals back onto the streets that have proven they have no real want to change their ways, and want to do nothing but commit more crimes when they are released.

I mean, once you hold up a person at gunpoint three times and rob them, you're crap out of luck. Keep them in prison 'til they are too old and arthritic to hold a firearm.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
EJR914 said:
The problem here is letting out convicted criminals back onto the streets that have proven they have no real want to change their ways, and want to do nothing but commit more crimes when they are released.

I mean, once you hold up a person at gunpoint three times and rob them, you're crap out of luck. Keep them in prison 'til they are too old and arthritic to hold a firearm.
That last sentence should read "use them for target practice at any local range...everyone knows moving targets are more fun to shoot at."

:righton:

There is no such thing as "rehabilitation" in our current correctional system, unless the individual chooses to change on their own. Unless, and until true "rehabilitation" can occur, its just a breeding ground for more criminal and violent behavior--both inside the correctional system and when they are eventually released (more often than not release early because the system is too crowded as is).

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Its called "Catch and Release". Fishermen do it to provide for a larger and healthier fish population. Why should we expect a different result with criminals :?:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
^^That idea might have been a sound one, and might have worked, in the past--when society as a whole seemed to share in their morals and ethics. These days, releasing a criminal too often means that in some way or another, they "breed" more criminals. Society in general has changed to allow this to happen. While a majority of us still fit into that oldschool society with morals and ethics (at the very least in terms of how we should treat others and how we work for what we have), much of our society is no longer like that. Entitlement is a word that comes to mind....

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Kids these days worry me honestly. Most of them don't have any respect for society or the community or those who live in it. A lot of these kids are raised in urban cities, faced with constant gang wars, drug trade, serious felonies. I blame almost all of it on the parenting that comes from these hood mothers who have 10 kids with 10 different fathers, not enough parental control to go around so the woman lets them run wild. If she's lucky they get locked up, she still collects the food stamps and government aid. Whats sad is they could change their lives, if they wanted to. Every prison should have a seperate facility attached where juveniles stay permently until they fullfil their sentence or reach 18 so they can be introduced to the adult prison population.

One thing we screwed up with as a society is letting these kids think they can commit a serious crime, such as murder, and only have to deal with minor punishment. Kids commit murder, they know that the judicial system will protect them from bodily harm, because we set the standards so much higher for the youth. It's INHUMAN to sentence a kid to death ( HA HA HA HA HA) and kids shouldnt ever receive life in prison, just rehabilitate them until they're 18, teach them the word of god, show him how to fake a life change and set his parole.

It's a crappy endless cycle we created...

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
TippinTaco said:
Kids these days worry me honestly. Most of them don't have any respect for society or the community or those who live in it. A lot of these kids are raised in urban cities, faced with constant gang wars, drug trade, serious felonies. I blame almost all of it on the parenting that comes from these hood mothers who have 10 kids with 10 different fathers, not enough parental control to go around so the woman lets them run wild.
Sounds like you've described the "Jack Boys" to a tee. 17 armed robberies, 1 rape, 1 murder, 6 carjackings in 40 days. Six young thugs, all twenty or younger. They certainly didn't wake up one morning in October without any warning and decide they were going to use terrorize and brutalize complete strangers for s***s and giggles.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
mountainpass said:
Is this suspect the same Barry Smith arrested in the OP with 21 counts against him? http://inmates.fultonsheriff.net/Public ... d1=0904141

Is this suspect the same Timothy Slaton wanted in Atlanta? http://inmates.fultonsheriff.net/Public ... ains&not2=

What about the Boot Camps that used to be here for young offenders. Did it not work or cost to much? This kind of stuff is costing all of us...some with their lives.
Oh man. Good catch MtnP. Wearing an ankle bracelet while committing armed robbery -- how can the contempt for the justice system and the way of life of decent folk be spelled out any clearer?

He was seeking employment alright. :roll:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
moga said:
He was seeking employment alright. :roll:
Well he is a Career Criminal.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update on page 2 of this thread more Fulton County releases back in jail: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=53421

D.A. Paul Howard was facing "tough questions" on CBS46 just now.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Even my county is paying the price: http://www.pickensprogressonline.com/in ... &Itemid=80
Arrested there were Jael Gates and Ira Hanna, both 19-years-old and of Marietta.

“We took two very bad individuals off the street,†Lovell said. The pair faces armed robbery and aggravated assault charges here, plus numerous other charges for crimes in Cobb, Douglas and Fulton counties. The pair was found with a quarter-pound of marijuana and will face drug charges as well.
This may be the same Ira Hanna...I can't confirm. link
But his mugshot matches this Cobb(where the arrest took place) one posted Jan. 7th one day after the arrest: Link2

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WSB just reported a burglary where the owner was at home and the burglars walked into his bedroom, he was able to scare them off(that guy is a hoot). The police caught them. All three have been locked up before in Fulton County. I didn't check surrounding counties.

Edit: Video http://www.wsbtv.com/video/26579070/index.html

The video is great.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts