Full-body scanners popping up at courthouses

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by fmlaw1, Nov 24, 2010.

1. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101124/ap_on_re_us/us_courthouse_scanners

2. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

So I guess by getting yourself charged with something, it means you've agreed, huh?
    :roll:

3. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

implied consent? How far is THAT going to be interpreted?

Where is the LEFT when you need them?!

4. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

what's next? schools, malls, workplace :?

5. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Those paper cuts can be nasty.

6. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

How about when I go to pay property taxes, or get my GWL, or register my vehicle, or jury duty or or or ?

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Don't forget sporting events as well. They will eventually have these things popped up everywhere that people gather.

8. USMCWO3

USMCWO3 New Member

Millimeter wave scanners are a form of Radar and Radar is radiation. Low level radiation, but still radiation. Radiation is cumulative. There is a reason you don’t walk in front of aircraft when they are testing the Radar. I will be refusing the scanners at the airport and anywhere else they are. A groping will only hurt for a while. Radiation will kill you.

9. USMCWO3

USMCWO3 New Member

And while we are on the subject -Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be none of this crap about racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention, standby passengers! We now have a seat available on flight number..."

10. Campeck1911

Campeck1911 New Member

Do we have that technology?