Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The U.S. Marshals Service, which is in charge of protecting federal judges nationwide, is exploring their use at federal courthouses. And two state courthouses in Douglas and El Paso counties in Colorado have already deployed full-body scanners that use radio waves to detect all objects on a person, including paper.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101124/ap_on_re_us/us_courthouse_scanners

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
implied consent? How far is THAT going to be interpreted?

Where is the LEFT when you need them?!

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
fmlaw1 said:
The U.S. Marshals Service, which is in charge of protecting federal judges nationwide, is exploring their use at federal courthouses. And two state courthouses in Douglas and El Paso counties in Colorado have already deployed full-body scanners that use radio waves to detect all objects on a person, including paper.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101124/ap_on_re_us/us_courthouse_scanners
Those paper cuts can be nasty.

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
So I guess by getting yourself charged with something, it means you've agreed, huh?
:roll:
How about when I go to pay property taxes, or get my GWL, or register my vehicle, or jury duty or or or ?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
zookeper said:
what's next? schools, malls, workplace :?
Don't forget sporting events as well. They will eventually have these things popped up everywhere that people gather.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Millimeter wave scanners are a form of Radar and Radar is radiation. Low level radiation, but still radiation. Radiation is cumulative. There is a reason you don’t walk in front of aircraft when they are testing the Radar. I will be refusing the scanners at the airport and anywhere else they are. A groping will only hurt for a while. Radiation will kill you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
And while we are on the subject -Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be none of this crap about racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention, standby passengers! We now have a seat available on flight number..."

·
Registered
875 Posts
USMCWO3 said:
And while we are on the subject -Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be none of this crap about racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention, standby passengers! We now have a seat available on flight number..."
Do we have that technology?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts