FULL AUTO LPK

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Nemo, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Depending on the age it could be transferable to repair a pre 86. Newer LPK would not only be non transferable but a felony to have.

3. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 New Member

Since I'm a newbie, pls help me with some info, I had read these parts kits are legal to own, but they cant be installed on a non nfa item.

4. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Unless you actually own a pre 86 NFA firearm they will fit in then no they are not legal to own. Look up manufacturing a firearm. Even if you don't actually intend to install them and you own a firearm they will fit in it's called "constructive possession" or "constructive intent". You can legally own the fire control group or an AR 15. Just not both at the same time. The people making these things and/or selling them don't care who they sell to as long as they get the money in their pocket. Go ahead if you want one but be warned it's 10 years + $10,000.

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

6. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 New Member

Wow, thanks for the info.

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Wondering what? They're completely legal to own as long as you don't own any AR-15 type weapons or you own an AR-15 registered lower receiver and/or a registered M16/M4. Not so good to own if you only have a "regular" AR-15 laying around the house. :jail:

8. moe mensale

M16 LPKs - and specifically the auto sear - are not NFA registered items. They aren't transferable or not transferable. They're just parts. Nothing is serialized. The host weapon is the registered item.

On the other hand, legal DIASs and Lightning Links are registered and transferable because they are serialized parts.

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

And if you had this at home too, would you be a lone wolf terrorist? Or at least off to jail?

Nemo

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/784542127

BCI Defense M16 Cut Stripped Lower Receiver AR-15
    Colt M16 NOT Full Auto/NFA/Class 3 Legal to Own!

10. moe mensale

It's a legit legal non-NFA receiver. There's no sear hole above the safety. "M16 cut" only indicates that the receiver has been milled to the original M16 internal specs. No web, no high shelf, etc. The old Colt SP1 civilian guns were built the same way as Colt M16s minus the sear hole. Several manufacturers build their lowers like this. Completely legal but makes for great marketing copy for them!

My current Colts all have Colts' politically correct interior layout - high shelf and web - which prevents the installation of many types of legal aftermarket fire control groups. I'll eventually have them all milled out per SP1 specs. I'm intrigued with those binary trigger systems (still legal) but my receivers won't accept them.