1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Police say Keiran was playing with a loaded gun, but thought the safety was on.
:screwy:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I think Darwin won again.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phantoms said:
FSU student accidentally shoots himself in head
How is an accident if he was playing with it? Seems to me it did what it was designed to do.
No argument here

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Police say Keiran was playing with a loaded gun, but ...
...not a full deck.

·
Liver Abuser
1,057 Posts
Is laughter inappropriate in this instance?

Probably not, stupidity kills. I think the Darwin crowd wins this one.

Seriously though; Why was this young person not taught the "Four Rules" at some point in his now ended lifetime? These should be taught right up up there with "Cover a cough" "Wash your hands" and "No Glove, no love".

Sorry for the family. But, Your Son, Nephew, Cousin, died because he was stupid and uninformed. Stupidity with firearms can and will kill you.

JDD

·
Senior Mumbler
6,490 Posts
I'm not saying I don't feel for his family and friends or even him if he was still alive, just that playing with a gun and having it go off is no accident. His only experience with a gun may have been TV/Movies and he may not of known any better because no one taught him along the way, but it's still not an accident. It's a ND.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
janedoedad said:
Is laughter inappropriate in this instance?

Probably not, stupidity kills. I think the Darwin crowd wins this one.

Seriously though; Why was this young person not taught the "Four Rules" at some point in his now ended lifetime? These should be taught right up up there with "Cover a cough" "Wash your hands" and "No Glove, no love".

Sorry for the family. But, Your Son, Nephew, Cousin, died because he was stupid and uninformed. Stupidity with firearms can and will kill you.

JDD
He was probably playing with it because he had always wanted to see/touch a gun but was never taught because his parents "knew" guns were evil and didn't want to "expose" him to them but neglected to realize that the odds are at some point he's going to be in a position to handle one.

One of my friends has a 6 year old daughter that has handled and been talked to about her Fathers' 1911 so much that, to her, it's nothing special at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts