Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: Wusthof Dreizack Classic 4582/20cm Kitchen Knife

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Archangel 
#1 ·
For sale. Wanting to get around $35 for it, but make me an offer.

Wusthof Dreizack Classic 4582/20cm Solingen, Germany.

It has signs of use but it is still a good knife. They sell new for around $120 at Macy's.

#9 ·
Egregious has my knife but I haven't gotten the payment. I haven't gotten a PM response back in days.

I'm sure that there is an explaination... :wildeyed:

#14 ·
He was on yesterday and just after midnight this morning. You aparently have an address go pay him a visit and see if it can be worked out.

e·gre·gious/i?gr?j?s/Adjective
1. Outstandingly bad; shocking.

#15 ·
seajay said:
He was on yesterday and just after midnight this morning. You aparently have an address go pay him a visit and see if it can be worked out.

This could cause more problems ...The OP should have never sent an Item out unless he already have gotten the payment first.I don't care if it was Jesus him self I don't trust anyone ,period .

#16 ·
Tech5 said:
seajay said:

This could cause more problems ...The OP should have never sent an Item out unless he already have gotten the payment first.I don't care if it was Jesus him self I don't trust anyone ,period .
then on the other hand I have sold small stuff like this and sent it out first so the buyer could verify I told the truth in the ad before paying for it. I never failed to receive payment. Most people are honest but there are those few who would not play fair.

#18 ·
Egregious,

On October 16, 2010 you stated by PM that you got the knife. I do not like to assume anything negative. Something could have came up or you've been busy, I don't know. That said, let's handle this going from now forward.

If you are unhappy with my knife, please mail it back to me a.s.a.p., it can be as cheaply as possible. This can be done for just a few dollars. I already put out a little money to ship it to you.

If you want to keep my knife, please mail payment to me a.s.a.p.

There's really no other ethical option.

Thank you,

-GAGunOwner

#19 ·
Nicholas,

Not cool of you to post these things without mentioning the fact that my message to you stated that my Dad had a stroke! Unfortunately, I haven't had a checkbook on me to mail you a check. Furthermore, I'm not sure how many of us would prioritize a $30 debt ahead of a sick family member. You've got too many posts and have obviously been around too long to handle this situation this way. Seriously, man. My Dad was in the hospital. Can't throw me a bone? For 30 dollars? Really?!?

I'm sorry that my father's health caused a delay in you getting your 30 bucks. If I'd known things were that tight, I would have just mailed cash. As we discussed via PM's, the knife is bent and dull as a spoon, but it's honestly more trouble to pack and ship it back with everything I've got going on than to just mail you the money. Your check is in the mail.

Buying sight unseen on the Internet...gotta love it...

Dave

#20 ·
Egregious said:
Nicholas,

Not cool of you to post these things without mentioning the fact that my message to you stated that my Dad had a stroke! Unfortunately, I haven't had a checkbook on me to mail you a check. Furthermore, I'm not sure how many of us would prioritize a $30 debt ahead of a sick family member. You've got too many posts and have obviously been around too long to handle this situation this way. Seriously, man. My Dad was in the hospital. Can't throw me a bone? For 30 dollars? Really?!?

I'm sorry that my father's health caused a delay in you getting your 30 bucks. If I'd known things were that tight, I would have just mailed cash. As we discussed via PM's, the knife is bent and dull as a spoon, but it's honestly more trouble to pack and ship it back with everything I've got going on than to just mail you the money. Your check is in the mail.

Dave
My take on it is this (and I could be wrong). I have followed this thread since it started to get ugly. I have also checked your profile a few times a day. I know you have been on line several times since then as well. That said you have not responded untill now to anything that has been posted. The least you could have done when you received the item was to include in your PM stating it had been received was to inform the seller that it ws damaged and not what you expected. You also could have made arrangements to either return it at that time or send the payment. There has been more than one post here about this situation and more than several log in's by you. Any one of which could have included a short reply since you were here anyway. I understand family health comes first but just a short note would have resolved the issue and informed everyone a problem had come up and you were at least trying to work it out rather than hiding out. You were loged in at 12:26 AM and again at 10:33 AM yesterday. Yet you failed to even make it known to the OP or anyone else. I would say at this point it needs to get done since it only takes a few moments to make out a check and mail it. If you have changed your mind and no longer wish to purchase the item you can PM me an address to pick it up and I will box it up and return it to the owner. This will save you the time and trouble. I don't mind being a middle man for this if it will help to bring this issue to an amicable close.

#21 ·
Egregious said:
Nicholas,

Dave
Egregious,

Thank you for responding, communication goes a long way. I am truely very sorry about your father. I just lost my mother due to an illness and know how bad situations can be. I hope he gets well soon. I appreciate that you are going through with the deal. I had no intention of flaming you and tried not to assume something negative. I have been around here awhile and many people here have met me/know me in "real life."

Thank you again,

-GAGunOwner

#22 ·
GAGunOwner said:
Egregious said:
Nicholas,

Dave
Egregious,

Thank you for responding, communication goes a long way. I am truely very sorry about your father. I just lost my mother due to an illness and know how bad situations can be. I hope he gets well soon. I appreciate that you are going through with the deal. I had no intention of flaming you and tried not to assume something negative. I have been around here awhile and many people here have met me/know me in "real life."

Thank you again,

-GAGunOwner
Call me heartless or what ever, but this guy had more than 1 opportunity to contact you in regards to the knife. He MADE THE CHOICE to not contact you in regards to not contact you. Don't go apologizing GAGun for his inability to do the right thing and simply reply back to you. Does the electric company feel bad when I don't pay them $300 for my electricity because my dad passed away? Did my mortgage co not expect their money? $30 is $30 and GAGun was expecting his money. Just because your dad had a stroke doesn't mean the world around you stops and waits, learn to fill your obligations in a timely manner before doing business with people. It's just the right thing to do. I am sorry to hear about your dad though. I hope he is ok.

#23 ·
GaGun - thanks for the reply. No big deal, really. As I stated in my PMs, I'm sorry about the delay. Just didn't place it as high in the priority list as taking care of my dad, mom, wife and kids during a very hard time. My only issue with how this was handled is that you gave the impression that I hadn't communicated with you, which wasn't the case. It made me look very bad, when in fact I had communicated and there was a very good explanation for the delay. Not sure why I care what a bunch of strangers think about me, but somehow I do. We only get one reputation and I value mine. Lastly, my condolences on the loss of your mom. My dad is not doing well and it takes quite a toll. Getting old sucks...

Seajay - I did send multiple PM's stating both that it had been received and that it was damaged. And, I was logging into the forum via iPad from the hospital. Able to surf, not able to get to a checkbook (nor in any condition to hunt for envelope, stamp, post office in the small town he's in, etc...). I do appreciate your level-headed assessment, though, and what appears to be an open mind, along with your offer to assist.

TippinTaco - very strong opinions from someone so clearly ignorant of the facts. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. I made every effort to communicate via PM the reason for the delay. And I wouldn't change a thing about how I prioritized my obligations during this time. And, yes, even your mortgage company will give you some grace during a family emergency. There is a fraction of common decency left even in corporate America! I truly hope that when your parent(s) reach the end of their days that you are surrounded by
friends and family more compassionate than yourself.

Dave

Tippin

#24 ·
Glad y'all got this resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.