Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Easy for me. Make a phone call when I need to and receive a phone call when I'm in the mood to answer. Dumb phone forever. As always needs vary.
I don't believe we're allowed to use it only for such mundane matters. Certain "well-meaning" peoples want to be aware of your comings and goings. For your safety, of course. Or see my prior post.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Take your phone with you in a Faraday case in case of an emergency. No emergency, no one knows where you've been. Or am I missing something?
Not bad at all. Maybe turn the phone off before using it so it doesn’t run the battery down trying to boost signal strength but that should be adequate. Also…don’t forget your smart shoe/watch/bracelet/ring/health monitor does independent GPS tracking that can/will be synced and uploaded later.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Not bad at all. Maybe turn the phone off before using it so it doesn’t run the battery down trying to boost signal strength but that should be adequate. Also…don’t forget your smart shoe/watch/bracelet/ring/health monitor does independent GPS tracking that can/will be synced and uploaded later.
I'm afraid I've missed out on all that new tech.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Or see my prior post.
My dumb phone battery is super easy to remove as it is often removed. Have a spare in the truck should I forget it on those rare occasions I leave the compound. Bought a new truck 1st week of may last year now has 4500 miles on it to make the point. Almost all going to pick up groceries already shopped and waiting on me. I'm sure I've disappointed the fed trackers.
Now this site is a different story.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I used them (Faraday pouches) every day when I used to have to travel for work. They have their uses, but they're not always able to stop all signals from a phone. I've seen demonstrations of bluetooth (and other devices) access thru' them, for example.

Keeping up to date on all the equipment out there which can be used to infer your location, coupled with ensuring that the Faraday pouch is still leakproof (which can be difficult if the bag has been folded one too many times in one place) is a chore, so a device that can be disabled is to be preferred. The net result is the same. You can't be tracked by the device, but on the other hand, you can't respond to communications interactively.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
My first phone was on a party line with 13 other rural families. You picked it up to see if anybody was on it before dialing. Very seldom was anybody on the line. It stayed that way till the late 70's. We fared very well thank you.

Reactions: TimBob

·
69,149 Posts
My first phone was on a party line with 13 other rural families. You picked it up to see if anybody was on it before dialing. Very seldom was anybody on the line. It stayed that way till the late 70's. We fared very well thank you.
Mine, too!

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Back in the 50s my mom's favorite pastime was sitting in her favorite chair listening in to the other parties conversations. :ROFLMAO:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts