Free Lunch?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by USMC - Retired, Sep 26, 2007.

1. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

OK, so me and MrsGunns are on our way back to Leesburg from Warner Robins and decide to stop in new place on the route for lunch. No beer signs on the windows or anything, just looks like your typical south Georgia diner, so I don't disarm.

We go in and the owner meets us at the door and shows us to a table. It was right at 11:00 so they had just opened for lunch and we were the only ones there. I ordered a rib basket and the Mrs. ordered some soup and we enoyed a really good lunch, best ribs I've had that I didn't cook myself. A few more folks had come in and they were starting to get busy so we decided it was time to go. I flagged down the waitress and asked for our check.

In a minute or two the owner walks over and says, "Your lunch is on us Officer, thanks for all you guys are doing".

I said, "I'm sorry but I can't accept"

He says "Why not? Is it against policy or something'?

I say, "I have no idea, I'm not a law enforcement officer"

At this point his eyes get wide and he says, "Oh, I thought... the gun... Are you some sort of bounty hunter or something?"

I say, "No, I'm just a normal citizen like you. You just never know when your going to need to defend yourself these days."

He agreed and asked about licenses to carry and such and we talked a bit about it. I gave him a GeorgiaCarry card and told him that he should look into getting his GFL, especially as a business owner.

As we were paying our tab I noticed thier license to serve alcohol behind the till! :shock: No where on the menu did they have alcohol listed so I'm guessing they just got the license and have not changed the menus yet.

Lessons learned:

1. You really gotta check close to know about some off-limits places. I may just start asking at the door.

2. If you dress nice and carry open you just may be able to get free lunch. :wink:

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Great job, Gunny!

I hope that the business owner will look into getting his GFL, especially since the state has decided that his customers don't deserve to legally defend themselves. Maybe we'll even get a new GCO member :)

3. Claire

Claire New Member

a little off topic - but from her comment "thanks for all you guys are doing".

I just think its awesome how people in this state have respect for (most) LEO's & especially military. When I go to the airport and a troop of soldiers are coming or going - everyone stops & claps. You don't see that up north.

I recently saw a woman walking out of a Walmart - randomly stop to thank a soldier & shake his hand.

ok - end thread hijack ;)

4. oldguns

oldguns New Member

OK, so where is this place with the great ribs?

5. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Agreed, let's get back on topic. :)

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, since he has already admitted a crime, even if unintentional . . . I think disclosing the location would not be wise.

Unintentional crime. :roll:

7. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

No crime... error in fact, not law... and he removed the firearm from the premises upon learning about it's prohibited status thus providing an affirmative defense.

/wow, this law stuff is easy once you get the hang of it!
    //mom wanted me to be a lawyer
    ///airplanes are just in my blood, though

8. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I agree which is why I made sure to leave that out!

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Sure. A jury may even believe you.

Go for it.

:lol:

10. budder

Well, Gunny may qualify for the military exemption, right? So it may not have been a crime had he known about the alcohol license from the start.

11. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Hey Gunns:

I did the same thing on Tybee Island a few months ago. No indication of any kind the place sold alcohol, so I was CCing while we had lunch.

Oh yeah, at least half the island's PD was also there having lunch at the time... :bigshock:

I just happened to notice, as we were finishing up, the place did indeed sell alcohol. I thought, what with the cops and all, I had really screwed the pooch for sure that time!!!

:scared:

Next day we had lunch at the same place. Well, the food was really good and I figured it was probably safe, what with all the cops eating there... Da LadySmith stayed in hotel room.

12. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I think I know the place you're talking about, and yeah, it is great food.

13. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Can't handle the "ManSmith"? :wink:

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock: :?

15. budder

I don't know about you, but Macktee and I prefer having our hands on the ladies.

16. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Da LadySmith is a beautiful, svelte little thing. She's a model 60LS and has amazingly smooth finished in a very attractive satin stainless finish. She has these absolutely beautiful wooden grips that just feel sooooooo nice in the hand...

As budder mentioned. Ladies just feel good when you hold them.

You can hold whatever you prefer there weekisie-poo, but I like ladies. LadySmiths and, occasionally (OK, very damn occasionally!!!), even the hot young human kind...

:whistle: