Free lawn tractor (no mower deck)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by awanatech, Aug 1, 2016.

1. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Scott's lawn tractor made by John Deere. Has a 16hp Kohler engine. I've had this for a couple of years (it was given to me, also). The mower deck was rusted through and deteriorated when I got it, but I had only planned to use it in the yard with a small utility trailer behind it. So it did exactly what I needed it for. But I no longer need it and would like to pass it on if someone can use it. It will likely need a battery, but was running otherwise. It isn't in great shape, but it served the purpose I needed it for.

I'm in Fayetteville, GA[​IMG]

2. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

The high school band may need it. They use donated mowers, sans deck, to tow equipment trollys.

3. awanatech

I didn't think about marching band. WHS does have the one they use for their Percussion Pit, I'll keep that in mind too. For the band, it would likely need a new seat along with the battery.

4. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

Yes, my son was in drum line. They had to beg and plead, and the dealers would only donate sans deck, which makes sense because it's valuable as a resale part and the band doesn't need it anyway. If they want it, I have a charged mower battery I can donate.

5. awanatech

Thanks for that & I will look into it & ask if they can use it. Last year, we didn't really give my son an option of not doing marching band. He was in the drum line as a freshman, but hated it. He's not marching, nor playing in the pit, this year. He's very talented in it, but hated the marching aspect. So he's still in symphonic band. I'll check with the director or the boosters about the tractor.