Fred Thompson - If You Don't Support Him Now, You Will

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Mike from Philly, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

If you don't support Thompson now, you will after you read this

http://abcradio.com/article.asp?id=389928&SPID=15663

ABCRadio - Fred Thompson Report

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

If he didn't have my vote before, he sure as hell has it now!

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

5. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I am glad we have a good candidate out there. I believe he can and will lead the American people in the correct manner on may policies. Nobody is perfect but he is the step we need in office.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1, 000, 000

7. shamalama

shamalama New Member

[​IMG]

Fred has some alliances:
    - Viva Fred
    - Hunters for Fred
    - Veterans for Fred
    - Military for Fred
    - Firefighters for Fred

They need to create a Second Amendment Supporters for Fred

[​IMG]

8. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I agree, well written.

One thing bothers me...(not that this writer is, just most really see it this way)

Burns my AZZ. :-k recognize.. GRANT :shock: :censored: :censored: :censored: [-X :censored: :bsflag:

Good grief Charlie Brown..

9. tace

tace New Member

I was watching the movie "Blood Diamond" and noted to my wife, "you notice it's only those without guns getting butchered". She wasn''t happy to hear that. But hey, it's the reality.
    :twisted:

10. VolGrad

Had an interesting conversation with my child's pre-K teacher today. She pulled in behind me at school and saw my Fred sticker. She asked if I was voting for him just because he was from TN. We got into a conversation which eventually turned into a 2a discussion. I expected she would put up some kind of fuss (she is my nearly my mom's age and is a typical sweet little teacher type). She agreed with every point I made and stated her husband had been the victim of an armed robbery and if he hadn't had a gun on him he would have been killed. She went on to say, "He has done more with his life than those guys would ever have done." I didn't ask, but from her tone it seems her husband must have "liberated" their souls from their bodies. I might see if I can dig any deeper without being rude or too personal. Curious what the back story is there. She stated more people should carry guns. It was a great way to start my day.

11. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

Fred's a nice guy, but my money and vote goes to Ron Paul, the only candidate that is pro-freedom on all issues, all the time, and never wavers.

12. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Agree. Although he will not win the nomination I still plan on voting for him.

As to what I will do in the general election ... no clue.

13. VolGrad

I completely respect everyone's right to vote for whomever best matches their political views. That being said, I think it sucks that all the votes for Ron Paul and several of the other Republican candidates, that most all of us freely acknowledge are not electable, might be the deciding factor between Rudy and Fred, or Rudy and Mike, or Rudy and Mitt, or whomever you think might actually have a shot at getting the nod. It has been said on this site several times, "What if it comes down to Rudy vs. Hillary?" It might just happen folks. That is all I am saying.

14. pyromaster

pyromaster New Member

I support Fred the most with Ron Paul being my second most preferred candidate. I'm starting to wonder if he's not as fringe as people make him seem. His raising of 4+million certainly made many take notice. I do wish I didn't have to choose between Fred and Ron Paul.

As for Rudy v Hillary, I probably would vote for the Libertarian candidate and hope enough would just to show both sides our discontent with those manufactured choices, but I might vote for Rudy just to ensure Hillary doesn't get in.

15. VolGrad

Another reason to believe Fred is pro 2a ...

I was reading a thread on SigForum and one of the big marketing gurus from Sig, Paul Erhardt, has left Sig to go work on Fred's campaign staff. Figure that has to be a positive, right?

16. phaed

phaed New Member

Ron Paul is my man. As important as i think the 2A is, it's not the only issue.

17. mabar

mabar New Member

In the event that it does end up being Rudy vs Hillary (and at this time it looks like it will,) your vote for a Libertarian candidate will just about guarantee a Hillary presidency.

There will be virtually no democrats voting third party, but there will probably be a lot of republicans voting third party. This will dilute the republican vote and elect a democrat.

Tom

18. phaed

phaed New Member

it's this kind of thinking that messes up the system in my opinion. if people voted their conscious, instead of trying to play numbers games, we might just break out of this 2 party system with 1 real set of values deadlock. also, take a look at "hacking democracy" if you want to wonder how legit republican vs. democrat polls are at all.

i'll sleep just fine at night if i vote for a libertarian.

19. mabar

mabar New Member

Then don't complain when a ultra-liberal, gun grabbing democrat (Hillary) wins the presidency.