Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
PawPaw x 3
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The word "taser" is really and acronym for Thomas A Swift's Electric Rifle.
I did not know that!
Have a great day guys!
Thanks Seajay. As you can see, I took your advice

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,377 Posts
The first Ford Mustang (called the Mustang 1) was actually introduced in 1962 not 1964.5

Reactions: Bkite

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
The Lincoln Memorial was sculpted by Daniel Chester French. He was also the artist that made the Thomas Gallaudet/Alice Cogswell statue at Gallaudet University. His daughter was deaf and they used ASL to communicate. If you look at Lincoln’s hands at the memorial, you will see that he is signing his initials “A” and “L”

·
PawPaw x 3
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first Ford Mustang (called the Mustang 1) was actually introduced in 1962 not 1964.5
I did not know that. In keeping with the theme, another cultural icon was born that year...
Me🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,377 Posts
I did not know that. In keeping with the theme, another cultural icon was born that year...
Me🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Damn you're young!!!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they start with.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,745 Posts
The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they start with.
North America and South America? Or have schools changed sonmething else in the last 30 years?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
North America and South America?
That is not absolute. Those two are recognized as one in many circles.
This may help cloud the issue a little more.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,377 Posts
You also have South Africa. Which is not really a separate continent which the same can also be said for the America since they are not really separated.

Reactions: Bkite and TimBob

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,727 Posts
You also have South Africa. Which is not really a separate continent which the same can also be said for the America since they are not really separated.
And that is the way it's taught in most of America.

Travel enough in Central and South America and it will be explained to you!

·
PawPaw x 3
9,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Two fer one sale!
I read a good bit of Charles Spurgeon.
I learned thereby, last PM, that the word "bunt" could refer to a mold that infests some crops.
I did not know that previously.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,745 Posts
Pepsi (yes, that Pepsi) once had the 6th largest navy in the world:
Water Ballistic missile submarine Submarine Font Vehicle

And because that sounds so unrealistic, I did some research:

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
If you ever go hiking in the woods alone, you can bring a deck of cards with you in case you get lost. Why a deck of cards?

If you get lost, start playing solitaire and someone will come up behind you and tell you to put the Queen of Spades under the King of Diamonds.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,976 Posts
The first McDonald's Drive Thru was installed in a restaurant based in Sierra Vista, Arizona, located near the Fort Huachuca military installation. Military rules forbade the soldiers from wearing their military uniforms in public, and they weren't about to change into civilian clothes just to grab a burger and run back to base, so restaurant manager David Rich came up with a solution: cut a hole into the wall and allow members of the military to pick up their orders without stepping out of their car. The convenience and simplicity of the idea quickly caught on.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,976 Posts
Where did the word "gobbledygook" come from?

"Former Texas Congressman Maury Maverick, who was then the Chairman of the Smaller War Plants Corporation, coined this word in a 1944 memo. He banned his staff from using bureaucratic language, writing, “Stay off the gobbledygook language. It only fouls people up. For the Lord's sake be short and say what you're talking about.” The neologism became so instantly popular that just a few months later, Maverick was quoted in The New York Times Magazine, defining the word as, “talk or writing which is long, pompous, vague, involved, usually with Latinized words."
from Word Genius

1 - 20 of 21 Posts