Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears as though France is going to recognize this transitional council in Benghazi as the legitimate government of Libya and set up an embassy there.

This would be unprecedented in the sense that Qadhafy has not stepped down yet. But it sounds like this is a way for France to funnel weapons into rebel hands without officially undermining a sovereign government.

It will be interesting to see if Obama goes along. It would certainly be an easy way of establishing a no fly zone and putting boots on the ground.

However given the history of the region, this will make other governments very wary of western intentions.

I just hope America stays out of it, but I am beginning to doubt there is any real difference at all between Bush and Obama.

http://www.france24.com/en/20110310-Fra ... assy-Libya

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I agree with you, I think they're looking for any loophole. I think it would be in our best interest to stay away from it, allow the citizens to overthrow their government, if we step in we will only "substantiate" the claims being made by propaganda over there. We all know that they see us as a threat and a true enemy, when in reality all we did was target those who attacked us on 9/11 and of course bush had some goals of his own, but besides that we wasn't there to take over Iran or the Oil. Iranians on the other hand feel differently about the matter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts