Found this on Craigslist about GFL....

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GAGunOwner, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wow. Ever single post over there had more and more misinformation . . .

I could not figure our how to post anything and gave up. Very hard to navigate.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yours seems good, that one in response is partially incorrect.
    National Parks - True
    WMA - True
    State Park - True
    City and County Park - False, preemption prevents them from restricting carry and GCO is fighting the ones that disobey

School zone law is un-inforced federal law. State law exempts license holders driving through, visiting, or working in the school zone.

The black powder gun thing is wrong. The state law does not differ for smokeless powder and blackpowder as far as pistols go anyway.
    16-11-131 and 133 both say this

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I agree with a lot that man is saying. Not the law... the enforcement of. I'm half tempted to start a conversation with him.

4. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Invite him to come here and chat away. :)

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

GaGunOwner, I would have been pretty freaked out if I flashed my gun at some apparent drug addict, and he continued to approach and push his "request."

As the hobbits said in the chapter "Scouring of the Shire," "Too many sheriffs, too many rules."

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

As a guy who needs frequent, and potent, anti-pain meds and who gets them at CVS (on Hwy 9 near the North Fulton Hospital), I find this particularly disturbing.

I'd never sell my drugs to anybody because I need them too badly. But I might possibly give one to somebody who's really going thru a bad withdrawal.

After reading this, I guess I'll never risk it. I like carrying a weapon and I need my drugs. I'd hate to lose both for being a nice guy...

Just one more example of the War on Drugs being a war on people in pain and the doctors who treat them.

I don't like the ATF all that much but I have a deep, abiding hatred for the DEA and the laws they (selectively) enforce.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I don't hate cops...they just constantly disappoint me.