Found out something about my XD45 and ice.

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by murrybird, Dec 16, 2010.

1. murrybird

murrybird New Member

Stepped out this morning to go to work,and slipped on the concrete steps that were covered in ice. Apperently my apartement didn't toss any sand,de-icer,or salt the night prior.

Anyhow, busted my butt,and found out my base plate of the magazine in my carry weapon(a XD45) had came off, dumping the base plate retention plate,the spring, the follower, all 12 rounds on to the ground. :shock:Yep, made for a great morning, and chuckles for the wife. :lol:

Thank goodness, though, I didn't spill a drop of my coffee. That would have really erked me. :evil:

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

This is a good time to thank the lord you don't carry SOB.

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I slipped last night and fell in the road. Keys went one way bible went the other. Glock was in my coat pocket. Glad it wasn't at its usual place on my side that would have hurt.

4. murrybird

murrybird New Member

Yep, I carry in my right side IWB holster. If it would have been SOB that would have really hurt. Even though that second step did a trick on my right side kidney area, oh that is going to leave a mark later on.

5. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Wow, I would hate if that happened to my service weapon if I went to the ground after tussling with someone. Good to know about the XD mag.

6. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

On a Weds night huh?

You wouldn't have been headed to a church now would ya? With your pistole? :twisted:

(good man!)

7. ber950

ber950 Active Member

We have a sportsman's group that meets on Wed night at the church. :D I promise you there were guns there. I was legal. :wink:

8. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I haven't lived in an apartment for years and years, however, is salting or deicing the steps something the management should do????

9. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

I would think the local SO would go around and salt people's driveways and steps in the name of safety. That is what LEO's are for, right, public safety? :lol:

10. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

We have the National Guard to do that.....

11. murrybird

murrybird New Member

No, not much of a church goer, it was Thursday morning.

12. murrybird

murrybird New Member

Yep, it would be a bad situation indeed, thus why I am going to email Springfield about it,just to let them know. Hopefully, they might take a look at this for further mags they produce.

13. smn

smn Active Member

:lol:

14. XDMWarrior

XDMWarrior New Member

Great come back Sheriff. :lol:

15. JMan

JMan New Member

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: