found me a new friend too

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by zookeper, Jul 16, 2007.

1. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i've been wanting a .22 target pistol for a while and have been looking hard at several models. at the gwinnett gun show i got to play with a beretta u22 neos and decided this was the one for me but in a courageous display of will power i left without her, even hearing her cries for me as i left.

as fate would have it i visited 400 pawn today and her stainless sister caught my eye and i can only have one such act of self control a week so this one followed me home.

ps: don't tell my wife she was in our bed....
    [​IMG]

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shock: :lol: How does she shoot? Been to the range yet? Pretty slick looking weapon there.

3. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

What made you go with the Beretta over the Ruger or Browning?

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Nice pistol. When I bought my Ruger MKIII I was hard pressed to decide between it and the Neos and wife was getting tired of hanging out at Forsyth Pawn. I almost hate to admit it, but I ended tossing a quarter in the middle of the store to decide.

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Nice gun. I find myself taking my .22 every time I go shooting. Everyone should have one. Or more.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have a .22 pistol. I've been considering a .22 rifly, but I want something different, maybe a WASR .22.

7. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i saw this after deciding on this gun but it looks like they are having legal issues getting it introduced in the usa even though the gun was developed and manufactured here 'apparently the first for beretta'.

[/quote]In 2004, Beretta developed a conversion kit that allows the user to convert their U22 Neo into a carbine rifle. The kit includes a skeletonized buttstock, a fiberglass-reinforced polymer grip, a 16-1/4" barrel, adjustable rear sight, Tru-Glo fiber optic front sight, and an integrated Weaver-Style Rail. No gunsmithing is required to assemble.
    i just liked the way it fit my hand, it had enough weight and was balanced well as i wanted more of an accurate target pistol than a training gun like the mosquito. i liked the weaver type rail also. finally the price was less than the others and since i've put 1000's of rounds through my mod.92D over 10yrs i just trust the brand.

hope to get it to the range in the next day or 2 for some bonding

8. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

I held several of those and several Rugers before finally buying my Browning Buckmark. Both the Neos & the MkIII had a little too much forward rake on the grip. They were comfortable, but I was a little worried I would develop a funny grip on my other guns. It was probably an unfounded fear, but that's in the past now...
    Congrats! I'm sure you're going to enjoy it!
    BTW, I bought my .22 specifically to do this event, the Griffin Steel Match. I heard it was a lot of fun, well worth the entry fee and travel time. They were right, I had a great time and I'm looking forward to doing it again. Maybe next time you can join us.