FOUND Looking for a Break Barrel Air Rifle

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Billennium, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

Looking for an air rifle in good conditions to upgrade my kids from their Daisy BB guns.
    Something powerful enough for hunting squirrel and bird.

Suggestions for buying a new one are also welcome.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017

2. MaricopaKid

MaricopaKid Member

I have cadet delta, .177 cal. - GAMO Made in Spain, with scope.

I bought it several years ago from a great forum member. My wife wanted it for me to eliminate 8 million squirrels. She's gone. The squirrels are happy. I'm happy. I would like to make someone else happy. Please send me a PM.

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

You need to be careful talking about things like that. Many would call that a confession.

Nemo

4. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

:lol:
    Others would call it salesmanship

5. wallacem

wallacem Member

air guns

I have two nice 1100-1200fps 17 cal guns to sell. I bought them for squirrels, got tired of it being so easy to kill them out to 50 yards so I stopped using them and went back to my 40 year old Daisy that shoots at 675fps. It gives them a chance. If you send your cell number I can send pics of them I have on my phone. I will sell them for $75 each. One is a Remington, the other is a Winchester.Wallace in Warner Robins. 478-918-5392

6. MaricopaKid

MaricopaKid Member

Point well taken, Counselor!

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

A spring-piston air rifle is much larger and heavier than a Daisy BB gun. It's also much more powerful.
    For a child, consider how much cocking force is used to break the barrel down and use it as a lever to cock that massive spring inside the power cylinder.
    I understand that today's pring piston airguns are getting lighter because they're made of plastic and zinc alloy pot metal instead of real steel and wood.

The RWS model 36 air rifle that I have is a heavy, adult-sized airgun .
    It's as long as an M1 Garand, and probably weighs about 7 pounds.

If you can find a spring-piston air gun that is an appropriate size and weight, great; they do offer good performance.

Otherwise, consider a pneumatic air rifle that you can pump up between two and 10 times and shoots either BBs or 177 lead pellets. With a pointed hunting pellet like the Beeman silver Jet, such an air rifle should be able to kill a squirrel at any distance that you could reliably hit a squirrel in the vital zone, which is probably only about 50 feet .

New pneumatic or 10 pump air rifles have very light weight and small proportions. Some of them only weigh 4 pounds.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  8. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

Good point!
    The Gamo Caded is going to be a good test.

Rifle found [​IMG]. Thanks forum!