Fortunately, we have Southern Holsters

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Macktee, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

2. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

After reading the thread, he broke a cardinal rule: If you used a credit card and hadn't received it in the alloted time... dispute the charge... nothing motivates folks like having money taken away from them.

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Yeah, like I said, strangely entertaining.

Why didn't he just call Visa, or whomever, and cancel the charge?

I've always found, if you have their money, you also have their undivided attention!

:twisted:

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That's another reason that I like dealing with Tom. If you order a holster that he makes, you don't have to pay until it's ready to ship.

5. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

........... i was charged when i ordered and got en email telling me it'd be 4 weeks

6. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

+1

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

When placing an order with a credit card, it doesn't matter what the merchant's refund policy is. A cardholder has the right to dispute the charge per the Associations (Visa/MC). If delivery was never made on the merchandise, the cardholder wins hands down.

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

That was one of the things that caught my attention. The guy said he couldn't cancel the credit card charge because then he'd be hit with a $25. "restocking fee". For an item he had never received? Doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure if the holster maker is just a bad businessman or if some of his customers are dumb as sacks of doorknobs!

Maybe a little of each...

:screwy:

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I haven't read the thread yet (the link keeps timing out). But, the restocking fee should only apply if he returned it...so, i don't know.

10. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

So tell the guy to put the restocking fee on your credit card, then charge that back as well. :roll:

11. zone

zone Guest

I ordered a memphis 4 weeks ago and the lead time was 4 weeks. I was not charged. Still waiting for an e-mail. On the site his prefered method was pay upon completion only lacking shipping. Look at the site now only things for sale are in stock (items not claimed?). Lead time is now 6 weeks. Site also didn't have the options for me to get to the custom order pages like before. Supply and demand seems to have gotten the best of southern holsters as of now (take that as you may :twisted: ).

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I copied this off of Tom's website. Keep in mind that tom runs a one man shop, hand making holsters.

13. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I ordered a Memphis from Tom on 10/3 and he emailed me on 10/4 saying it would be about 4 weeks. Hopefully I will get it about the end of the month. I have heard great things about these holsters. If I like it I will need to order one for my new P229.

14. zone

zone Guest

No hate towards Tom. Respect the man for doing his business. I just remember some threads on holsters and name dropping being done. Adam5 still waiting on custom holsters but Tom not happy with quality. Still no hating. Still a wait. Two my point supply and demand baby, supply and demand!!! I wait.

15. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

I am sure that Tom got behind because he spent most of the summer making Adam's custom holster. Which Adam is now selling...... Hhhhmmmmm.......???? #-o

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The custom holster was sweet!!!! It just doesn't do me much good without the pistol that it fits. As soon as I buy a Sig I'll be ording a 'Memphis' holster for it.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

See, I'm not the only one !!!! I just got the invoice for the "memphis" for my Taurus Mill Pro. Now that I paid for that one I guess it's almost time to order a "Savannah" for my Sig.

18. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i should have my memphis for a p239 this week, i saw that he dyed the loops today (kinda neat being able to see where it is in the process)

19. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

How do you do that?