1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
After reading the thread, he broke a cardinal rule: If you used a credit card and hadn't received it in the alloted time... dispute the charge... nothing motivates folks like having money taken away from them.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, like I said, strangely entertaining.

Why didn't he just call Visa, or whomever, and cancel the charge?

I've always found, if you have their money, you also have their undivided attention!

:twisted:

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
When placing an order with a credit card, it doesn't matter what the merchant's refund policy is. A cardholder has the right to dispute the charge per the Associations (Visa/MC). If delivery was never made on the merchandise, the cardholder wins hands down.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wsweeks2 said:
When placing an order with a credit card, it doesn't matter what the merchant's refund policy is. A cardholder has the right to dispute the charge per the Associations (Visa/MC). If delivery was never made on the merchandise, the cardholder wins hands down.
That was one of the things that caught my attention. The guy said he couldn't cancel the credit card charge because then he'd be hit with a $25. "restocking fee". For an item he had never received? Doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure if the holster maker is just a bad businessman or if some of his customers are dumb as sacks of doorknobs!

Maybe a little of each...

:screwy:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ordered a memphis 4 weeks ago and the lead time was 4 weeks. I was not charged. Still waiting for an e-mail. On the site his prefered method was pay upon completion only lacking shipping. Look at the site now only things for sale are in stock (items not claimed?). Lead time is now 6 weeks. Site also didn't have the options for me to get to the custom order pages like before. Supply and demand seems to have gotten the best of southern holsters as of now (take that as you may :twisted: ).

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,951 Posts
I copied this off of Tom's website. Keep in mind that tom runs a one man shop, hand making holsters.

NEW CUSTOM ORDERS ARE ON HOLD UNTIL I GET CAUGHT UP, WHICH WILL BE UNTIL ABOUT 29 OCT. CURRENT ORDERS PLACE AFTER 9 SEPT WILL EXPERIENCE ABOUT A 2 WEEK DELAY DUE TO FAMILITY, KID'S ACTIVITIES, AND WORK

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I ordered a Memphis from Tom on 10/3 and he emailed me on 10/4 saying it would be about 4 weeks. Hopefully I will get it about the end of the month. I have heard great things about these holsters. If I like it I will need to order one for my new P229.

·
Registered
253 Posts
No hate towards Tom. Respect the man for doing his business. I just remember some threads on holsters and name dropping being done. Adam5 still waiting on custom holsters but Tom not happy with quality. Still no hating. Still a wait. Two my point supply and demand baby, supply and demand!!! I wait.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I am sure that Tom got behind because he spent most of the summer making Adam's custom holster. Which Adam is now selling...... Hhhhmmmmm.......???? #-o

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,951 Posts
GrimJack said:
I am sure that Tom got behind because he spent most of the summer making Adam's custom holster. Which Adam is now selling...... Hhhhmmmmm.......???? #-o
The custom holster was sweet!!!! It just doesn't do me much good without the pistol that it fits. As soon as I buy a Sig I'll be ording a 'Memphis' holster for it.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,951 Posts
NRAninja said:
Hello,

I saw someone mention southern holsters on GlockTalk and checked out the website. I ordered a Memphis with shark trim for my Glock 23 because it looked sort of like a cross between a milt sparks watch six and VM2. I have a VM2 for my HK P2000 which I like, and a watch six for my Glock 23 which I also like and wanted to see if the Memphis could combine the advantages of both holsters.

I ordered on 9/6 when the lead time was approximately 4 weeks and did not pay up front. I received a PayPal invoice from Tom on 10/10 and had my holster shortly after.

At first, it didn't look as 'tough' as my horsehide VM2 with the shark trim, http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/NRAninja/ninjap2000vm2.jpg but after wearing it for the past week, I like it better than both my VM2 and watch six. It doesn't collapse when the gun is drawn like the watch six, but it's still thinner and less bulky than the VM2. The concealment, comfort, and quality are top notch.

Overall I'm very satisfied and recommend Southern Holsters when people ask for good holster makers. I sent Tom some questions via email after I ordered and he always responded quickly. The estimated wait was almost exactly 4 weeks like he said it would be. I paid $40 less than I did for the VM2 and waited less than 5 weeks to get it instead of 5+ months.
See, I'm not the only one !!!! I just got the invoice for the "memphis" for my Taurus Mill Pro. Now that I paid for that one I guess it's almost time to order a "Savannah" for my Sig.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
zookeper said:
i should have my memphis for a p239 this week, i saw that he dyed the loops today (kinda neat being able to see where it is in the process)
How do you do that?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts